Whats more important to you all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think is more important to do first, performance mods or aesthetics ("looks" for the less smart). Maybe important is not the right word, instead what is your preference to take care of. I have tried to do a little of both here and there, kind of like a one for one deal. I did the vent guards and bug shield, then the hypertech. I just bought the Volant CAI, and next will be window tint and paint the bowtie.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I kinda mix it in. First thing I did was purchase the wheels and tinted the windows. Then I went on to help the mileage and performance with exhaust, cai, elec fans, and perf plugs and wires. After that, I dropped it, installed a bigger brake kit, and everything else. I like modding for both asthetics and performance in all aspects; power, handling, and braking.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me too...tint, wheels and tires, then exhaust, then HID's, now adding lowering kit and paint....so mixed it up :)

Randi

Reaction score
The look of the car is important to me. The very first thing I did was get rid of the original wheels. We put new wheels/tires the 1st day we had it. That weekend we did the air intake, and about a month later the exhaust (I count this as aesthetics because I did it for the sound:thumbsup: ). I'm pretty much done for now. I do want a new grille, but I'm not sure what I want yet. i also need to tint the front windows. I'll have to wait since we just paid out $550 to have the sensors replaced and the manifold gasket fixed :iq:

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always say performance before looks. Just because what good is a nice looking vehicle if it can't perform? I however won't really be doing any performance to my new to me Tahoe. I just can't afford it, Im going for wheels and a tint and thats about it. For now atleast. . .

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a well balance of both is ideal.

looks are important, or else we'd all be driving ugly pontiac aztecs imo.

even a performance mod has to look good, cuz after all who wants an ugly air intake or ugly black headers when you can get some hight temp coated headers etc....

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey its a gm its already runs great! so do looks 1st but nothin too crazy where you wish you would have done performance first.