What's the coolest feature you didn't expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a ton of research so I knew everything that I was getting, but there are some features that work better then I had expected.

1) Rain Sensing Wipers. Living in Seattle I am quite accustom to the rain, but these work really well. I'm impressed, I just leave them on all the time.

2) Auto Start. Before moving to Seattle I lived in AZ and had this feature on several vehicles because it was a must have with the heat. I got spoiled to getting that A/C going before you got in the car, but you had to remember to leave it on the setting you wanted prior. With the factory autostart it senses the temp outside and automaticly starts the A/C or Heat for you. Slick! When it's cold out it even turns on the heated seats. Nice!

3) Memory Seats. Although I've never had a car with memory seats I knew it would be nice not having to adjust between the wife (5'4") and I (6'2"), but how the vehicle remembers the seat position by who's remote is being used is a cool feature.

4) Power Lift Gate. Again I knew what to expect, but it's just too cool. When your hands are full of kids or groceries, it is very handy. Plus the looks you get are priceless.

White Out

Reaction score
How the Tahoe's interior is exactly the same as the Escalade's....

Ok, the Escalade gets a different steering wheel ring a more fake wood. :smilielol:

Nick

1BadPig

Reaction score
There is always improvements to be made, otherwise we'd all be driving the Model T. As for cool feature, the power folding mirrors by far! :cool2:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being somewhat familiar due to owning an '04 Subn 2500 previously, I like the 2nd row heated seats, the way they fold up remotely, the remote start, the 20" wheels, oh hell, the whole damn truck is great!!!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn signals blink six times in Tow mode.

Ya all know that you just need to momentarily twist the key to the Start position and release and it goes ahead and runs the starter until it starts or it times out after a couple of seconds on a no start condition.

1BadPig

Reaction score
The other cool feature is the cruise cancel without turning off (or step on brake) the cruise setting and having to reset the speed. I always wondered why GM didn't do it until recently when this was available on my 1987 Audi 5000CS Turbo.

p26963

Reaction score
I wish the rear view mirror was auto adjusting as well.

Mine is the memory seats. Before in my other cars when ever my wife would drive she would mess with the mirrors and seat settings and it would piss me off when i had to re adjust everything. Now when i use my remote the seats and mirrors go to my settings, when she uses hers they go to her settings as soon as you press the unlock button. I LOVE THAT :clapping:

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
considering ive had the truck for a total of 18 hours it would be premature for me to comment on this... !! boy do i love this truck :)

so psyched about this new purchase.. shes outside right now in the driveway.. im peeking thru my window.. :) what the heck am i doing here? i should be out cruising right now

i'd have to say i really like the oil life display.. i have ocd when it comes to changing oil etc.. thats a sweet thing to have.. the tire pressure is cool too

i have to start a new thread about new wheels and the TPS... if anyone knows please feel free to comment.. thanks

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
considering ive had the truck for a total of 18 hours it would be premature for me to comment on this... !! boy do i love this truck :)

so psyched about this new purchase.. shes outside right now in the driveway.. im peeking thru my window.. :) what the heck am i doing here? i should be out cruising right now

i'd have to say i really like the oil life display.. i have ocd when it comes to changing oil etc.. thats a sweet thing to have.. the tire pressure is cool too

i have to start a new thread about new wheels and the TPS... if anyone knows please feel free to comment.. thanks

I have had mine over a year and I still feel the same way as the first day we brought it home.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a sore lower back after our busy Saturday and my wife said, "Put on your heated seat, the one with seatback heat setting". Damn if my back didn't feel better - it was like drive with a heating pad. Never thought to use it like that.

goldenrod49

Reaction score
I live in PA so I am thinking the heated windshield washer fluid will be huge this winter!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in PA so I am thinking the heated windshield washer fluid will be huge this winter!

Yeah buddy -- that was great here northern VA last winter. In fact, it works quite well (depending on the wiper fluid you use) at helping get bug guts off on those long summer vacation roadtrips... Heat that bad boy up and give it two cycles, and presto it's clean. ;)

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this post before. Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't like the 3 blink turn signal. It sucks when you bump it and it keeps blinking...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the tow/haul mode, i use it not only for towing, but when going down steep grades or if a light changes and theres a cop on the other side so i cant floor it and get through, and save the brakes, the tow haul rocks.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folding mirrors. My wife and I get my Hoe and a Grand Prix GT in a 1979 Fox & Jacobs Home garage. The folding mirrors help me out tremendously!

BH

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JUST discovered (over the last few days) the voice activation feature of the nav / DVD system. That's pretty nifty! I definitely gotta learn the proper commands though. Today, I tried to tell it just to play the DVD, and then the nav system started to guide me to North Myrtle Beach from VA... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JUST discovered (over the last few days) the voice activation feature of the nav / DVD system. That's pretty nifty! I definitely gotta learn the proper commands though. Today, I tried to tell it just to play the DVD, and then the nav system started to guide me to North Myrtle Beach from VA... :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey if your going, i wanna come along:yesnod: :smilielol:

the voice commands are cool, although the 06 just has it for the onstar, my denali has it for everything, except ac controls which i wish they would have included, but most of the time i forget everything and just use the knobs and buttons, i even forget about the steering wheel controls.