Wheel size with a 3/5 drop (pics please)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size rim/tire combo are you guys running with a 3/5 drop. Tryin to decide between 20's with a 275/55 or 22's with 305/40. I already know that i want to go with the black Boss 330's. Let me know with some pics. Thanx :cool2:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If your concern is fitment or rubbing with the drop, the 22s with 305/40 should be ok with the proper offset wheel. I'm running 305/35 on 24s with the same drop and have very little rubbing. For looks, I think either would look good with that drop.

Last edited:

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your concern is fitment or rubbing with the drop, the 22s with 305/40 should be ok with the proper offset wheel. I'm running 304/35 on 24s with the same drop and have very little rubbing. For looks, I think either would look good with that drop.

I'm similar to JK's setup with minimal rubbing at hard turns and/or bumps/dips. You get used to approaching those tho'..

hoe022-1.jpg

hoe035.jpg

Last edited:

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that there is already a thread about shocks for 3/5 drop, but I was wondering what you guys are running and how do you like them. I have to order new shocks for the front, and wasnt sure if I should go with the djm or something better. Stylin Trucks is having free shipping for purchases over $75 before father's day, so need to order today!

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was 4 months old when I lowered it and the kit came with shock extenders. I'm running the stock shocks, the kit didn't call for new shocks and I didn't see a need to change them since they were new so,,,

I like the way it runs, I might mess around and change them someday but as of now it runs great..

grayhoe00

Reaction score
I'm similar to JK's setup with minimal rubbing at hard turns and/or bumps/dips. You get used to approaching those tho'..

hoe022-1.jpg

hoe035.jpg

OMG! that is the same route i am heading with my hoe, just boss 330s (24s), ss air dam, everything else the same!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 275/55/20 all terrains rub the small fender liners behind the wheels but other than that just some minor rub in front on tight turns into driveways. Watch you backspacing and you should be fine, most aftermarket wheels have quite a bit of backspacing.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running a belltech dropkit that came with torsion keys, front and rear nitro 2 drop shocks, and rear coil springs. I am running a 305/35/24, i had to pull the plastic pieces out of the rear wheel well and adjust the front plastic fender wells, it was alot of sacraficing for ride quality for the good looks, my suspension bottoms out sometimes on big bumps, i guess from all the stereo weight. The truck handles great on turns though. I dont regret putting the lowering kit on though for the most part. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2808528

scrapin006.jpg

scrapin013.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You'll need to section the rear bumpstop bracket up to the frame and install a smaller bumpstop, then it will ride like it did stock

http://www.djmsuspension.com/Articles/FreeTravel.htm
The more travel the better on these trucks, a cheap mod and it will only cost you a cutoff wheel and $20 for some bumpstops.
Agreed. I had to cut off the frame mounted bumpstop bracket to get my ride back. You can still get a decent ride with a 3-4" rear drop, but anymore than that and you start getting jolts from the axle hitting the bumpstops hard. Sectioning this portion will give you more travel and a much smoother ride if you decide to do a 5" rear.