Will I regret not getting a 4WD Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzle1980

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I just recently ordered a 2019 Tahoe and customized it to my preference. One thing I did not include in my order is 4WD. I'm not entirely sure why but I just didn't think much about it. I've owned two Tahoes in the past and neither of them were 4WD. I also live in Southern California and don't necessarily "need" it. That being said, I'm buying this car as a family car which I plan on keeping for a long time and taking on many trips. I'm an avid snowboarder and travel to Mammoth and Tahoe at least once a year. Am I really going to regret not getting the 4WD? I'm not sure how effective Tahoe's traction control features are, but I know RWD vehicles aren't the best in slippery conditions. I can always not purchase my order and reorder the same car with the 4WD, but I'm sure my broker will not be happy with me.

Thoughts?

foesgth

Reaction score
If you aren't going to use 4wd, then it is just extra load and more things to break.

2014TahoeLT

Reaction score
4WD is a MUST depending on where you live. I live in Michigan and if you buy a full size SUV like this without 4WD or AWD, they are impossible to drive in the winters. Sounds like you will be fine in that sunny state you live in!