WIND NOISE ISSUE? I haven't heard about it on here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

little

Reaction score
I have been all over the place reading about the new tahoe's, yuks, denali, eska's and everyone seems to be coming outta the woodwork with hurrendous stories of wind noise from the driver side door with no fixes in sight. Most have had the dealer try everything and yet it does not go away. Some are saying unbearable above 60mph. Wow! Whats the deal, are any of you guys experiencing this? :wow:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, no...I think it is surprisingly quiet actually... But it is possible I'm in the minority.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been all over the place reading about the new tahoe's, yuks, denali, eska's and everyone seems to be coming outta the woodwork with hurrendous stories of wind noise from the driver side door with no fixes in sight. Most have had the dealer try everything and yet it does not go away. Some are saying unbearable above 60mph. Wow! Whats the deal, are any of you guys experiencing this? :wow:

At speeds of 60+ MPH I would assume any vehicle would have wind noise, I am able to put my cell phone on speakerphone while doing 75-80 MPH (on I-95 where the speed limit is 70) and have no problems with people hearing me clearly. There is noise and people can tell I am on the road driving, but the noise is less than my previous vehicles ('02 Camry, '03 Yukon, '05 Maxima & Altima, '08 LR2) I guess what I am saying is other than normal acceptable wind noise from a vehicle of this size and shape, I have not had an issue with this. Where are these people that are coming out of the woodworks with horrendous stories? Perhps just a little oversensitive at the ear?:confused2:

little

Reaction score
Damn thats good then for you guys. Check out the threads on the caddillac forums under 2007 escalades and also the chevrolet forums and search wind noise. Most of the complaints are that the door or window sounds like it is open and most have had their vehicle back to the dealer multiple times to no avail. I'm just getting a bit nervous cause soon as this damn benz sells, i wanna get into one of these.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I have a Denali, sometimes I frequent the cadillac forums to see if there is any useful information on the 6.2L. There are countless threads in regards to wind noise! I don't know if the aerodynamics are different on the Esky or what, but I have not had the problems they rant about on my Denali.
My sunroof whistles a little above 75 mph, but I just close the shade and it's gone (will probably have the dealer look at it), other then that it is pretty quiet. However, my mom has an '05 Esky that I have had to drive a couple times as of late and that thing is LOUD! I couldn't believe how much of a difference there was between our two vehicles.

mhenning

Reaction score
My 07 Denali has little to no noise. My wifes 07 trail blazzer on the other hand is very loud above 60mph! So I am very happy with mine. Good luck.

Razorback

Reaction score
We have an 07 Yukon (wife's vehicle) with a distinct wind noise from the front left door seal by the side mirror.

My daily driver is a 2000 1500 4x4 Chevy truck. It's noiser by far, but when I jump in the Yukon, the wind noise jumps out at me.

Between the wind noise, the high pitch whine of the power steering pump, and the chattering door seals, I'm not happy with the noise that comes from this vehicle.

gl

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. No issues here. One year old, 9800 miles. Quiet as a church mouse. Same driving patterns as with our '04, and much quieter overall. Did notice a slight increase with the in-channel vent visors re: wind noise, but nothing I'd call "an issue" at all; in fact it's quite minor, and unless you knew what it sounded like before, you'd never notice it.

Keep us posted if you find a cause. In the mean time, maybe just turn up the stereo. :D

Ech0

Reaction score
I noticed the wind noise in my Tahoe. Maybe it was high expectations on my part as I think the fit and finish on the Tahoe is very good. But, the wind noise is definitely there. I can't recall how this compares to my wifes old vehicle (Jeep Grand Cher.) however, I would assume if wind was a problem in her Jeep I would've remembered.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear slight wind noise at 80 to 110, but it dosn't bother me too much.

how do you get to test the 110 other than attempting it :lol:

we all have done it once or twice in the life of these awsome trucks

no offending wind noise here, in my 99 i had to shout (well talk louder than ususal) to talk to second row people, in my 06 i can speak normal at even 80 mph and they here me fine.

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an 07 Yukon (wife's vehicle) with a distinct wind noise from the front left door seal by the side mirror.

My daily driver is a 2000 1500 4x4 Chevy truck. It's noiser by far, but when I jump in the Yukon, the wind noise jumps out at me.

Between the wind noise, the high pitch whine of the power steering pump, and the chattering door seals, I'm not happy with the noise that comes from this vehicle.

gl

I hear the same noise on mine. It doesn't bother me that much, but the wife's old Lexus was so quiet that you notice almost everything on any other vehicle.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the quietest vehicle i have ever ridden in is a buick enclave (one reason we own one) i mean you hear NOTHING. it is much quieter than even a lexus, cheaper too.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
how do you get to test the 110 other than attempting it :lol:

we all have done it once or twice in the life of these awsome trucks

no offending wind noise here, in my 99 i had to shout (well talk louder than ususal) to talk to second row people, in my 06 i can speak normal at even 80 mph and they here me fine.

I accidentally:ktoe: had it up to 110 very briefly one time, I had to convince my Tahoe that it is not a Corvette just because it says RAWARRRRRR:rolleyes2:
It is surprising how easy it is to accelerate when I need to, like here in San diego I had to make a fast left turn from a dead stop and the beast preformed and got my lane choice( wife wasn't impressed) but in SOCAL be aggressive or be sitting. I just love by Tahoe beast of an SUV!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I accidentally:ktoe: had it up to 110 very briefly one time, I had to convince my Tahoe that it is not a Corvette just because it says RAWARRRRRR:rolleyes2:
It is surprising how easy it is to accelerate when I need to, like here in San diego I had to make a fast left turn from a dead stop and the beast preformed and got my lane choice( wife wasn't impressed) but in SOCAL be aggressive or be sitting. I just love by Tahoe beast of an SUV!

i hear you, im amazed at the stock 5.3 power, i wonder why people say its weak, i think its great, but i could always use more power, i find on a turn with the peddle to the medal i squeal the tires and stabilitak kicks in.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. No issues here. One year old, 9800 miles. Quiet as a church mouse. Same driving patterns as with our '04, and much quieter overall. Did notice a slight increase with the in-channel vent visors re: wind noise, but nothing I'd call "an issue" at all; in fact it's quite minor, and unless you knew what it sounded like before, you'd never notice it.

Keep us posted if you find a cause. In the mean time, maybe just turn up the stereo. :D

I've had mine about a year, 36k+ miles on it, so I spend a LOT of quality time behind the wheel, the wind noise is minimal and I do mainly highway driving (65MPH+) I have noticed however that it is louder overall as far as outside noise is concerned, not just wind noise, but that must come with the mileage and time spent on the road.

the quietest vehicle i have ever ridden in is a buick enclave (one reason we own one) i mean you hear NOTHING. it is much quieter than even a lexus, cheaper too.

My wife loves these things, she claims they are quieter than anything else she has driven, she is annoying the living daylights out of me to get one of these.

I do tons of highway driving as I have mentioned before, at 94MPH the governor kicked in and cut me off........

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I've had mine about a year, 36k+ miles on it, so I spend a LOT of quality time behind the wheel, the wind noise is minimal and I do mainly highway driving (65MPH+) I have noticed however that it is louder overall as far as outside noise is concerned, not just wind noise, but that must come with the mileage and time spent on the road.

My wife loves these things, she claims they are quieter than anything else she has driven, she is annoying the living daylights out of me to get one of these.

I do tons of highway driving as I have mentioned before, at 94MPH the governor kicked in and cut me off........

I don't feel comfortable going over 80 really as it is a beast, that and I saw an 07 on a flat bed that rolled:eek2: so that was a bit of a reality check.