wiring harness for heater control unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbt

Reaction score
I have a older model 95 tahoe (02/95). And like so many, I am have problems with the enviroment control unit. I found a new control unit that was listed for a 95'. But apparently sometime in mid 95 they changed the control unit to like the 96 version. It looks the same on the front but the circuit board and connection are different. At this time they had a short wire harnes that connected the newer control unit to the older dash wire harness. The 96' had the dash wire harness connect directly to the control unit. Does anyone know where to get one of these short harness that connects the new style control unit to the older 95' dash wire harness? If not, does anyone know the wiring diagram of that harness. I have seen pics on ebay of the unit with the harness, but the wires are to clumped together so it is hard to tell where they go. And I cant see spending $200 for a new controler when I have one already.

For more info. the back of the control unit has 3 connectors, a 4 pin for the rear defog, next to it is a 8 pin (only 6 are used) and at the other end is a 10 pin connector, but only 9 are used. On the dash wire harness there is a 6 pin connector and a 8 pin connector. The colors of my wires do not match any wire diagram chiltons has. I have the dash harness from a 96', now just need to match them to the older 95' dash harness connectors.