Xenon Bulbs On An 08 Ltz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenrod49

Reaction score
How involved is it to swap out the bulb for hid or white light type bulbs? Any suggestions on which type/brand etc. The Nav I got rid of had it and once your use to something...

Thanks.

tbrend

Reaction score
I have a 07 LTZ. It is really easy. Just like changing the headlight bulb.

I am waiting for the kit to do the fog lights next.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlights - 5000K HIDs hi/lo H13 kit
Fog lights - 3000K HIDs 9005 mod

P1150107.jpg

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo, hbrbmx! Glad to see you've done the mod. Now I'm not the only one!! The 3000K fogs look cool -- how do you like the light output? :D Crazy, eh?!?

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GW- waiting on some nasty weather to see if the 3000K makes any difference in the fog, I do like the different color. Appreciate the info, it was a seemless install of the 9005s.

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem man; glad your install was smooth. Well, I guess we got some nasty weather last night and today in the Mid-Atlantic region. I didn't drive my truck though -- didn't want to get it all full of sand and chemicals... :cool: It's still pretty clean from it's last wash 3 weeks ago. :D

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use the Apexcone HID kids? I had one on my old M3 and it was by far the best HID kid I've ever had. It was brighter than the factory kids and lit up the road better. They have a slim kid and a "race" kit which is a higher wattage HID (55w opposed to 35w). They come plug n play too.

Anyway, on that note as well, our high beams work really well, but has anyone put HIDs on them? I imagine they would be incredible! Also, what about wiring it so the low beam stays on when turning on the high beam? And foglight staying on when brights as well?

terd fergeson

Reaction score
anyone try out the Sylvania silverstar bulbs? i plan on getting a hid kit...but wondered how these match up against real hid's.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did an install of PIAA Extreme White lows/highs which I assume are comparable to Silverstars. I went with the PIAA since Sylvania doesn't make Silverstars in the H11 size. I notice the color temperature is better (more white), but I think to get any significant brightness gains, you are going to have to go HID. But for a lot less you can get a marginal brightness increase by going with Silverstars or PIAAs. Take note of the guide in the Tutorials section, it is a HUGE help.

Last edited:

spencer m

Reaction score
any one have the halos...that surround the lights ... i saw some for the 07 denali..and they are 8000k .. i was thinking those ...and 6000k headlights...

anyone?....