XM Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randyfaz

Reaction score
Guys,
I need some help. My subscription to XM renews the end of June and I remember seeing a thread about a coupon/deal something like winback.

I want to renew but not for 140+ I like the extra channels but to be honest it not worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I canceled my second XM radio only kept the Hoe's XM. They didn't want me to leave they offered me 1/2 price for a year. $75~. I wanted them to go lower and they even asked what else they could do to keep me as thier customer. I really wanted a portable one (XMP3) but they won't bite. I pretty sure if you ask/threaten to leave, they'll lower it. I know it might be too late.

I kinda shot my self in the foot I really miss it.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get that WINBUCK deal and I even got a month free so for a year it was only like $65! If you call them on the phone and have all your info, like radio id, they will work with you.

randyfaz

Reaction score
All, thanks for the info.
I called them yesterday and told them I did not want to renew. I told them I would stay another year if I received a discount. I mentioned I had read about the WINBACK or something similar deal. They told me I needed the authorization code for that. I said I didn't have it, they said they could not help. So I once again I said the I didn't want to renew. I had to repeat this speech 3 times as I was cut off after each one. Finally the last guy helped me. He needed to transfer me to another dept. that could handle my request. Sure enough someone picked up the phone and said they could give me the discount. I renewed for $72.

Thanks for all your help.

As a side note, my wife bought a new VW Passat with SIRRUS, the trail period was over with, they've pestered us a couple of times, I tried to get them to give us a discount, but they wouldn't budge. We'll see if they keep calling.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I perfer Xm over Sirus some of the channel I listen have explicit lirics and sirus didn't censor them. on the other hand XM does. I only worry about when the kids are in the cars with me. that's one of the mian reasons I perfer XM.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I perfer Xm over Sirus some of the channel I listen have explicit lirics and sirus didn't censor them. on the other hand XM does. I only worry about when the kids are in the cars with me. that's one of the mian reasons I perfer XM.

I think even with the merger I will just stick with XM until the company really gets screwed up , then I will dump it. I got XM for music, but the play list has been watered down, so I mainly listen to FOX new channels and some talk, but it wouldn't be a huge loss to me as my i pod touch contains all the music I need.