Z71 in the snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ochaole

Reaction score
I took my Z71 to mammoth over the weekend in the middle of a snow storm/blizzard warning and got the chance to test its off road capabilities for a few days. I must say it performed excellent. In a chain controlled 35mph limit, i was cruising at 50mph without any issues. At one point i had to swerve around a 4-runner which was sliding to avoid a collision. The tahoe handled withou ever losing traction...i was very impressed and am loving my z71 just a little bit more after the trip....

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job! thanks for the report, that's great news for some people that I know were wondering about puting chain on their GMT900.:thumbsup:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I took my Z71 to mammoth over the weekend in the middle of a snow storm/blizzard warning and got the chance to test its off road capabilities for a few days. I must say it performed excellent. In a chain controlled 35mph limit, i was cruising at 50mph without any issues. At one point i had to swerve around a 4-runner which was sliding to avoid a collision. The tahoe handled withou ever losing traction...i was very impressed and am loving my z71 just a little bit more after the trip....

I keep hearing these impressive Tahoe off road/snow stories and it just makes me love the Tahoe that much more.I just wish I had a 4X4 even though I don't need 4wheel drive.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing these impressive Tahoe off road/snow stories and it just makes me love the Tahoe that much more.I just wish I had a 4X4 even though I don't need 4wheel drive.

when i first bought my yukon i didn't think i would ever use 4wd, then my buddies said that can off road just as good as your old k5 blazer and your atvs, i said REALLY, and been using the kon to off road ever since, best off road truck EVER.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy had a rental 07 tahoe last year when we got some pretty good snow, backed right out and never got stuck
Blizzardof064.jpg

The 07+'s are burly as hell in the snow, esp with good tires. I had fun in the 2wd that year too
Blizzardof0618.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy had a rental 07 tahoe last year when we got some pretty good snow, backed right out and never got stuck
[
The 07+'s are burly as hell in the snow, esp with good tires. I had fun in the 2wd that year too
[]

SNOW, I WANT IT. TIME TO TRAVEL WHERE SNOW IS. :lol:

was the rental a 4x4?? did he even use it if it had 4wd?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think all hoes come with a locking dif, i wonder if i have one, seems like i do for how good she preforms off road, if not i dont need it.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was a rental from a dealer when his range was in the shop. I can vouch for the build quality of those trucks too, he was not nice to that truck and never had a problem with it for the month and a half he drove it.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been an extreme fan of Chevy trucks every since we bought our 07 Tahoe. I am a devoted Chevy truck fan as yes these are very well built trucks and I read and hear so many good things about them. I watch Twister sisters just because they drive Suburbans in the show, sick huh.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been an extreme fan of Chevy trucks every since we bought our 07 Tahoe. I am a devoted Chevy truck fan as yes these are very well built trucks and I read and hear so many good things about them. I watch Twister sisters just because they drive Suburbans in the show, sick huh.

dude a movie with a chevy suburban or gmc instantly becomes my favorite. :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Twister sisters they are tornado chasers in Texas and they drive one GMT 800 series and 2 GMT 900 series Burbans, dam I just realized what a freaken Tahoe geek I really am.:eek: :eek:

i still think it would be cool to chase tornados. that is a cool lookin series, i just have always missed the shows, gotta go get my self a tivo and stop using tapes. :lol:

twister sisters are supposed to be on JAY LENO on the 11th of january. plus their looking for guests if they do another tv series next year , i may sign up for that.

or wait for the prices to be realesed to do a tour with them, FUN FUN FUN.

Last edited:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still think it would be cool to chase tornados. that is a cool lookin series, i just have always missed the shows, gotta go get my self a tivo and stop using tapes. :lol:

twister sisters are supposed to be on JAY LENO on the 11th of january. plus their looking for guests if they do another tv series next year , i may sign up for that.

or wait for the prices to be realesed to do a tour with them, FUN FUN FUN.

I always record it for my daughter.