Z71 Ride Quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snap50

Reaction score
How is the ride quality of the Z71 compared to the standards soft ride suspension and tires?

Is it much harsher for everyday and highway use?

Are the tires noisy?

Does the Z71 suspension help with body roll?

As a secondary thought, are there more highway oriented tires available in the 18s?

Last edited:

CutchZ71

Reaction score
In my opinion not that big of a difference overall. If you like the Z71 you won't regret the ride versus the LTZ. Its worth losing alittle softness to get what the Z71 offers. As I said in previous threads, a trip from Ohio to Fla and back was wonderful

Snap50

Reaction score
In my opinion not that big of a difference overall. If you like the Z71 you won't regret the ride versus the LTZ. Its worth losing alittle softness to get what the Z71 offers. As I said in previous threads, a trip from Ohio to Fla and back was wonderful

The M&S tires buzz?

CutchZ71

Reaction score
If they do, I never give it a second thought. I've had two tahoes and two avalanches and they were all Z71's cause I love the style. No one else who has driven or rode in it has ever mentioned any noise including my finacee who was on the trip to Fla and drives it constantly.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a '97 Tahoe before and when deciding on an '07, I looked at both the Z71 and LTZ. I did not notice that big of a difference in the ride - yea maybe the Z was a little stiffer but looking at the overall package, I much preferred the Z71 and haven't regretted it a day.

Tires are quiet and I love the sound of the exhaust.