ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billscomet

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon XL, purchased new. My window sticker and my build sheet both show that I have the Premium Smooth Ride suspension. What it doesn't say is if that is the ZW7 option. I've replaced the shocks w/OEM shocks once, but it's time do it again (188K miles). Other members have said Bilsteins are the only way to go. Every parts supplier as well as the Bilstein site say that if you order the 4600 series HD shocks, you also have to order the new rear springs (part #199020). It says that the ZW7 is the Nivomat Self Leveling Suspension. I don't know if that's correct or not - any help/advice out there?

PNW NBS Z71

Reaction score
Premium Smooth Ride: indicated by the RPO code ZW7. This suspension uses a conventional suspension in the front, but the rear uses a self-contained, self-leveling Nivomat shock in the rear. ... This is a RPO sticker for a GM SUV with Z55 Autoride. This sticker is always found on the inside of the glove box door.

This link may also help: https://www.shockwarehouse.com/news...t=This is a RPO sticker,of the glove box door.