Ok so if you installed a aftermarket system come on share the details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OuR97HoE

Reaction score
So we have played around with a few different set ups in the hoe now bandpass ported not ported 12's 10's ect.... But hubby still hasnt found the right one. So I want to know what everyone else has in their own hoe. And the more details the better cause right now we got a bunch of speaker stuff all over the house and garage so I want him to get it to sound right and then we can clear this s*** off my dining table! Thanks in advance looking forward to what everyone has to say and of course pitcures would be great too!

Decibel

Reaction score
Doors:
Digital Designs DDA-W6.5

Sub
Digital Designs 9112 in ported box, tuned to 39hz

Amps
Digital Designs S2 for the doors and Digital Designs M3 for the sub.

Posting some pics later on, carpeting the box right now ;)

shakin

Reaction score
in my doors i have some speakers that were laying around for now with an audiopipe class d 4 channel for now soon to change. for my subs i have rd audio alpha with flat wound coils and a cadence 6000 watt rms amp. a little overkill but it works be hard for a long time. can get pic if you would like

OuR97HoE

Reaction score
in my doors i have some speakers that were laying around for now with an audiopipe class d 4 channel for now soon to change. for my subs i have rd audio alpha with flat wound coils and a cadence 6000 watt rms amp. a little overkill but it works be hard for a long time. can get pic if you would like

yes please any pic's would be great I'm trying to get some ideas of what he should do in the back of our hoe right now we have a band pass box with 2
10's but that's only for the moment. That was the box from the old car. But still hits really hard. =)

Last edited:

OuR97HoE

Reaction score
Doors:
Digital Designs DDA-W6.5

Sub
Digital Designs 9112 in ported box, tuned to 39hz

Amps
Digital Designs S2 for the doors and Digital Designs M3 for the sub.

Posting some pics later on, carpeting the box right now ;)

:cool2: cool will bee looking forward to seeing your pic's posted soon

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get some kicker solo baric l7's if you want some serious bass, my box is sealed at 32hz but absolutely kills

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two old ass pioneer 12"s in a giant enclosure powered by a 55$ eBay RF punch 450.2
its plenty for me. but I listen to lots of death metal and jazz ( oddly enough) and there arent many ruthless bass drops or anything like that. It rounds out the sound nicely. I would like some new subs though for better response for the fast double bass etc..maybe some 10"s would be hot. dunno.

cashmoneyridin

Reaction score
2003 z71. bose speakers all around/ stock amp stock sub (boose). plus three 12" Alpine Type Rs in ported q logic box. audiobahn amp. more thump than you need but sounds great with the bass turned low

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well for the mids and highs i repalced all the speakers, ive got Powerbass 4XL fronts with 2XL tweeters, alpine type s rear doors, and Powerbass L 6.5's in the rear 4x10 spot (custom pods ftw) runnin off the stock amp cuz my 4 channel is needed elsewhere. for my subs I've got 2 pioneer 12s with the box built to spec and a temp powerbass 1800 watt amp pushin em (thats my 4 channel =( ) until i can get my other amp back. Powerbass XA1500D. i loved that thing. and im about to build the box for either 3 or 4 12s. but thats still in the furure.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through a few setups in my limited and settled on:
Pioneer Head Unit
Diamond Components in doors with tweeters in stock location
Diamond Coax in rear doors
Two 12" Kicker Comp Vr in 1.75/sub sealed enclosure
Kicker SX 500.2 for the highs
Kicker KX600.1 for the subs
Stinger Xpert Interconnects
Optima Yellow Top
Big 3 Wiring Upgrade

Sold it to my buddy before I took any pics, turned out really good I could play it loud as hell and it was nice and crisp. The kicker sx on the highs was really easy to tune and get dialed in perfect. I was going to install a larger amp for the subs but never got around to doing so, already had plenty of bass tho. I also did some sound deadening on the doors which was key to getting the most out of the components.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through a few setups in my limited and settled on:
Pioneer Head Unit
Diamond Components in doors with tweeters in stock location
Diamond Coax in rear doors
Two 12" Kicker Comp Vr in 1.75/sub sealed enclosure
Kicker SX 500.2 for the highs
Kicker KX600.1 for the subs
Stinger Xpert Interconnects
Stinger 1/0 Wiring
Optima Yellow Top
Big 3 Wiring Upgrade

Sold it to my buddy before I took any pics, turned out really good I could play it loud as hell and it was nice and crisp. The kicker sx on the highs was really easy to tune and get dialed in perfect. I was going to install a larger amp for the subs but never got around to doing so, already had plenty of bass tho. I also did some sound deadening on the doors which was key to getting the most out of the components.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got:

-MB Quart 5.25 components in the front doors
-Pioneer 6.5's in the rear doors(Soon to be replaced with MB Quart 6.5 coax's to match the front doors)
-2 JL 12w3's in JL ported H.O. box.
-Alpine V12 4-channel pushing mids and highs and Alpine V12 2 channel pushing the subs.
-All monster cable.
-Panasonic HU with 4 volt preouts.

Pretty sweet little setup. And I bought everything secondhand so I've spent maybe $250 total on everything. I'll post pics once I build my amp rack for under the rear seat.

vinmhslax15

Reaction score
hella

alpine type x component speakers kick ass. clean sound you can crank it and it is so clean it wont even hurt your ears. also there is an underground sub company called FI. go to ficaraudio.com and check it out. the BL and the BTL are very impressive. the best part is you can pick from a 10" version all the way up to an 18" version of each. LOUD

y0diggity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new $50 Dual cd player head unit. (yeah, I know you're all jealous) Left door speaker is a pioneer, right door is factory. Rear roof has an Eclipse on the left side that's blown and the other side is empty. I'm thinking about going to Wal-Mart (tonight as a matter of fact) and buying a sweet $30 pair of 6x9's and using long screws to kind of wedge them into the 4x10 holes. Then I can tape those covers over the top; look all sorts of customized.
Oh yeaaaaahhhhhhhh...... Life's gooood...:cool::cool:

rc2atvs

Reaction score
phase linear in dash dvd, kenwood fronts,audiobahn rears,concept 2400d on a pair of orion hcca 15's in ported box,2 punch 1 farad caps.......i just need a bigger alterantor now.

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mb quarts components in q-forms kick panels
mb quartz 6x9 under rear seats ( its a 2 door )in custom panel
rockford fosgate 4004 4 channel amp pushing the highs
rockford T212d2 sub in custom enclosure i got the specs off rockford web site
rockford 10001bd amp for the sub
alpine iva300 head unit
audio four.1 equalizer
1/0 power cable, 5 farad capacitor ,lightning audio wires shakes the hat off my head and spills the coffee out of the cup

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kenwood kdc-x769(with folding)blank face, ken 6.5 components frnt door

ken 6 disc ch under seat
ken 5x7 coax in barn doors
2 kac-8452 4 ch 70 rms per
2 kac-7252 brig@ 500x1
1 teck 1.0 cap

2 cerwin vagas v max 12 dvc 600 rms each
kec 600 xover
2 fans
visor 7" dvd player,sound stream dvd player , overhead 13" monitor ,dual alts, 3 batts