Couple Questions on First Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazy8

Reaction score
I am going to be getting my first Tahoe any day now. I'm looking at the range of 2007 - 2010 just based on how much I want to spend. Right now I found a gorgeous 2009 LTZ that looks flawless inside and out and for a great price. I thought I read somewhere that the GPS in the Tahoe's is solely reliant on Onstar. Is that true? Like the GPS is useless without Onstar service?

My other question is, are there "common" problems that Tahoe's typically have. By that I mean, are there certain/specific issues that Tahoe's seem to share or are common among Tahoe's?

Thank you all so much for the help and I look forward to speaking with all of you.

crosby790

Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 Z71 Tahoe and love the vehicle! However, I have found several common issues:
1. They are prone to dash cracking around passenger air bag and above steering wheel area.
2. Check the transmission dipstick. Also prone to breaking due to vibration. Found mine broken after purchase but replaced for less than $100.
3. The ac controller buttons chip, peel and wear out. Can replace cheaply with stickers.

I plan on putting a cap (not carpeted) on my dash for around $200. I've owned this Tahoe about a month and just love how it drives ands rides. Got a really good deal but was kinda ticked when I found out about #2 after getting the vehicle serviced. So far is a great suv!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk