Euro Dezigns HID Kits??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: did you ever try them euro hid kits i was looking into them but havent seen any yet so i was leary, i like the bulbs (hid look) have had same set in second car now

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought a set from www.HID-Sin.com for 199.99 with free shipping and a one year warrenty, same price no mater what temp, the xenon bulbs suck the color is cool but the lumen output is pathetic

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought a set from www.HID-Sin.com for 199.99 with free shipping and a one year warrenty, same price no mater what temp, the xenon bulbs suck the color is cool but the lumen output is pathetic

what do you mean the xenon bulbs suck?? Isn't that what they sell on that website because I thought all hid's were xenon??

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i didnt elaborate, the "xenon" (halogen coated with blue tint) sucks, like the ones on ebay, no i bought a real HID kit , now if i can just get it in the mail..... and the auto on is still confusing to me

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i'm still wondering about the ebay kits because the ones they sell actually come with the ballast and real xenon bulbs! they come with a warranty too..75bucks shipped!! But I did see something on that site you listed about a free harness that provides power directly from your battery that i haven't seen on these ebay sites...?? it said something about helping the kit last longer

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ya,I think str8wkd1 meant to ask what temperature you ended up getting..I'm curious too

AudiSport12

Reaction score
Definatly look at the VVME HID kits. Comming from the the European (Audi) side, a bunch of people have this kit and have had no problems with them and are very pleased. Can't beat $90 shipped! They also have an ebay store.

I have CQlight.ca 8000k HIDs in my Audi and they are amazing. I paid $200 shipped before I knew about VVME. I wouldn't reccomend anything more than 6500k in the stock headlight housings as they are not projector housings and will looks terribly blue-ish/purple. The higher the temp, the LESS useable light is put on the road.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definatly look at the VVME HID kits. Comming from the the European (Audi) side, a bunch of people have this kit and have had no problems with them and are very pleased. Can't beat $90 shipped! They also have an ebay store...

What's their seller name / URL on eBay? I'm thinking of some 5K-6K HIDs for my daily driver (spoiled by my McCulloch 5500K kit on my truck, but don't wanna spend that much again on a 10-year-old minivan heh-heh)! :D

Thanks. :thumbsup:

AudiSport12

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure what the ebay seller name is. I just know they have one :)

Here is their website:
http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20023.html
$55 for the kit, around $35 for shipping. I've read many good reviews about this company. The only thing negative is that it takes them a little while to ship it out.

If I were you, I'd go with the 5000k kit. They will look/perform better than the 6000ks on a 10 year old mini-van :lol:
The only thing about HIDs in reflector headlight housings is that it blinds the piss out of on-comming traffic and people in front of you. When I pick up my Yukon, I'm going to throw a set in anyways haha.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure what the ebay seller name is. I just know they have one :)

Here is their website:
http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20023.html
$55 for the kit, around $35 for shipping. I've read many good reviews about this company. The only thing negative is that it takes them a little while to ship it out.

If I were you, I'd go with the 5000k kit. They will look/perform better than the 6000ks on a 10 year old mini-van :lol:
The only thing about HIDs in reflector headlight housings is that it blinds the piss out of on-comming traffic and people in front of you. When I pick up my Yukon, I'm going to throw a set in anyways haha.

Yup, saw the site. However, I like the protection that eBay+PayPal offers when dealing with an out-of-country company...

I'd prefer 5000K, but they seem to only have 4300 or 6000. I have after-market headlight assemblies on my daily driver (not projectors), but they are nonetheless in almost-new condition and won't diffuse / blind / glare too badly for other drivers. I know what you mean tho -- it can be really bad in an install that someone's done poorly... That's another reason I'd go with a cheaper solution -- if they don't work well, it's not like I'm flushing 3 Benjamins down the crapper to go back to my halogen SilverStar setup.

If you can find the eBay store name / seller ID, that'd be awesome, but I'll search around some more. Thanks!

AudiSport12

Reaction score
Yup, saw the site. However, I like the protection that eBay+PayPal offers when dealing with an out-of-country company...

I'd prefer 5000K, but they seem to only have 4300 or 6000. I have after-market headlight assemblies on my daily driver (not projectors), but they are nonetheless in almost-new condition and won't diffuse / blind / glare too badly for other drivers. I know what you mean tho -- it can be really bad in an install that someone's done poorly... That's another reason I'd go with a cheaper solution -- if they don't work well, it's not like I'm flushing 3 Benjamins down the crapper to go back to my halogen SilverStar setup.

If you can find the eBay store name / seller ID, that'd be awesome, but I'll search around some more. Thanks!

Oh, I forgot to mention, they only display a few temp choices but they stock from 3000k up to like 12000k kits. You just have to shoot them an email and let them know what you're looking for. I agree with the Paypal protection too.

I'll keep looking for the user name. I'm a member of a huge Audi forum and there are gobs of threads on VVME HIDs so it'll take a quick minute to find the right thread. I'll post it up when I find it.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya let me know too..Looks like a good kit.:thumbsup:
getwired you can just look up "HID conversion kits" on ebay and find similar warranties and price!! I've tried to look at the reviews and most of them look good.. But I would like to hear something good from somebody on our forum. I dunno though... . I'm having a hard time holding out. I might become the test dummy:D

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh -- thanks! I must be blind -- I didn't even see that on there!

Looks like they have some issues re: their feedback, and they're probably Chinese kits based on info on there as well. According to their policy, if you get a defective item (i.e. even a bulb), you have to pay to ship it back to them and pay again for them to ship the replacement to you. That's a crappy way to do business if you ask me.... Hmmm....I dunno now. :skep:

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I agree.. and the shipping is pretty ridiculous!!!!!!
What kind of policy did McCulloch give you?:confused:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Danny @ UltraBrightLights knows about this forum, and knows that people here buy stuff from him, so I don't think he'd hose anyone. Plus, here's their policy: http://www.ultrabrightlights.com/t-warranty.aspx

The kit I got was very nice, and I had no problems with it...but I'd like to spend alot less than $300.00 on my daily driver, knowwhutImean?