safari rack for 99 Tahoe 2 Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyTilDeath

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Tahoe 2 door LS and I've been looking around for a decent priced safari roof rack to throw my spare tire on. Does anyone know where or what website to order from. I don't want anything from Westin though because I don't like the name being shown of Westin products.

Trip

Reaction score
Safari Rack

Check out 4wheelparts, thats where I bought mine. The brand is Defender. It has 4 light tabs in the front and 2 on the rear. Easy to hook up and looks great.

ChevyTilDeath

Reaction score
yeah I went on that site and they didn't have that brand...I was looking at Surco but I was told by a friend that they're junk cuz the spare tire knocks and dents the roof from when you hit potholes, bumps, etc...I'm really looking hard for a decent rack...ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can go and get a custom rack made at alot of places. Any welding place or chassie builder usaully for not that much if it is a mom and pop shop. Just food for thought

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out 4wheelparts, thats where I bought mine. The brand is Defender. It has 4 light tabs in the front and 2 on the rear. Easy to hook up and looks great.

Do you have a link for this by chance? I've been debating getting one for my tahoe. that would work out great since 4wheelparts is about 45 minutes away.