Buy or Pass? Chevy Tahoe 2 door 4x4 - $7000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c28mismbx

Reaction score
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/los-angeles-chevy-tahoe-2-door-4x4/6824297712.html

I'm interested in this 2-door 98 Tahoe, seems to be in good condition. It's an hour away from where I live, so I wanted to gauge the forum's opinion before e-mailing for a test drive.

Does it seem like a decent deal? Anything I should know about before checking it out in person?

Thanks all

From ad:

"1998 Chevy Tahoe 2 door LT 4x4, all stock, no modifications, non-smoker, super clean, original paint very nice green exterior, rear barn doors, with leather interior, auto seats and windows, bluetooth stereo, mostly highway miles, no accidents, clean title, runs strong, A/C blows cold, electric components work, never missed an oil change or service. Bottom line is that this Tahoe has been loved and cared for, never abused or taken off-road.

I am the 3rd owner

350 5.7 liter V8
4 speed Automatic transmission
168k miles
$7,000 or best offer

I have the spare tire and might be able to find the original radio. call or text or email with any questions."

00e0e_8w7z1BpFxM5_1200x900.jpg

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks reasonable, the price isn’t bad if the photos are an indication of the condition.

Ask when the intake manifold gaskets were replaced. That would be the main maintenance item that I would be interested in. It would show up as a coolant leak, usually down the back of the block but sometimes along the valve cover or in the front.

If they’ve never been replaced, they’re probably leaking. A shop would charge maybe $800-$1000 to replace them. If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, it’s maybe $100 in parts/coolant and a weekend job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk