a/c control unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm stationed in lil rock, ar but my home is in ba
i fried my indash a/c heater control unit (the one with all the knobs) and i need a new one (or used would be cool) anyone have an extra dealer wanted to charge me 250 for it cheapest i could find on ebay was 24.00 with 15 shipping, but that doesn't finish for another 5 days and i'd like my heat asap lol but if anyone has one let me know please

oh and fyi when your trying to connect a stereo watch out for wires or the radio itself from touching the top part of the control unit..

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Look at the top of the pcb. Usually there will be trace burned and you can repair this yourself if you can solder. This will save you lots of cash and down time waiting for the new part. About 95% of customers I get with that problem in that year range GM truck with an inop hvac control board is in repairable condition. And the cause is usually from someone installing a new stereo or adding an amp and the metal antenna casing touching the pcb and shorting it.

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are pictures of my new dash lights. i replaced them with Blue LED bulbs. they really match the blue deck and blue interior lights i have.

Aaron

Attachments

• !cid__1210071959.jpg
    !cid__1210071959.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 26
  • !cid__1210071956.jpg
    !cid__1210071956.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 25

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I love the second pic where you're going 102MPH @ 600 RPM... :smilielol: Was the replacement difficult? What was involved other than pulling the dash trim piece? (Did you have to solder?)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea 100 mph at 600 rpm, under 40 oil pressure, temp at 110. AND IN PARK:skep: :D IF IT GOES THAT FAST IN PARK, WONDER WHAT IT DOES IN DRIVE?

i love the look and i want it, tell me how please?

btw sorry for the hijack thred there ching. :thumbsup:

Chong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm stationed in lil rock, ar but my home is in ba
hey rolling thunder.. seriously ching come on now its my handle for crying out loud people usually pronounce is cheech atleast.. damn

but its not prob with the hijack but i would really like to know how you replaced the bulbs...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey rolling thunder.. seriously ching come on now its my handle for crying out loud people usually pronounce is cheech atleast.. damn

but its not prob with the hijack but i would really like to know how you replaced the bulbs...

lol, i really buchured your name there didnt i :cuss: :D

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights are burned out in my audio display unit, but fine in the air control unit. Is it easy to change, if so where are they located ?

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was really easy to install just pop off the trim peace then it is 4 screws and it comes right out. as far as the bulbs go. just twist out the plastic holder and pop the bulb out of the holder and pop in the new one. its as simple as that. then you just put it all back together.

NOTE: the bulbs go in a serten way so if the bulb does not light up the first time turn the bulb around.

yeah the spedo had not reset yet thats why it was at 100 MPH.

i dont know what your governers are set at but i have got my truck to go over 100. i thought it was set from factory at 97. oh well i dont mind being able to go over 100. its fun HAHAHA.

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulbs in the dash are 194 style. the ones in the heather control unit however i do not know. but they are about half the size.

i got mine off of a web sight called superbrightleds.com

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulbs in the dash are 194 style. the ones in the heather control unit however i do not know. but they are about half the size.

i got mine off of a web sight called superbrightleds.com

Heater control lights are #74 and plug into the Toshiba V2 twist lock base.

Hardwarz

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without taking my dash out until i get the bulbs, how many do i need for the dash and how many for the heater controls?

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without taking my dash out until i get the bulbs, how many do i need for the dash and how many for the heater controls?

Off the top of my head, I want to say 5.... and that the bulbs come in a pack of 2.

Hardwarz

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are 6 in the gage cluster and there are 4 in the heater controls. the small bulbs are in the heater control and the bigger ones are in the gage cluster.

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WLED 1-LED bulb
12VDC 1-LED Wedge Base Bulb (194/168 type)with Wide Viewing Angle Available in White, Blue, Green, Red, Amber, and UV-BlackLight LED
$ 0.79

Check Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select LED Color RedAmberWhite (+ $1.00)Green (+ $1.00)Blue (+ $1.00)UV-BlackLight (+ $1.00)

WLED 4-LED bulb
12VDC 4-LED Wedge Base Bulb (194/168 type)
Polarized
Available in White, Blue, Green, Red, Amber and UV-BlackLight LED
$ 1.59

Check Out

Which is the correct ones? Anyone know or (2000 Z71 Tahoe) which did you use. I am looking for a similar look

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
74-xHP Wedge Base LED Bulb
High power SMD LED with wide beam angle - 6 lumen
Small Wedge Base LED bulb (74 type) 3/16 inch wide base, 3/4 inch overall length
Available with White, Blue , Green, Red, or Amber LED
$ 2.49

Check Out

Select LED Color WhiteBlueGreenRedAmberUV-BlackLight

74 Wedge Base LED bulb
Small Wedge Base LED bulb (74 type)~ 2 lumen
3/16 inch wide base, 13/16 inch overall length
Flat tipped LED produces wide beam angle
$ 1.19

Which ones do i use for the heater controls?