a/c control unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used the 194 4-LED for the gage cluster.

also i used the #74 LED's for the heater control that were $1.19. i dont remember the name of them but the were for sure $1.19.

Aaron

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, That helps me a TON. I really like what you did with your dash, great job. Cant hate me for wanting the same thing haha. Do you know if you can replace the lights to the 4x4 push buttons, light switch, and the power windows/locks? Id really like to make all of these match (not a big rainbow fan with all the different colors)

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful on removing the bulb in the headlight switch. I took mine out and then turned the switch. Apparently, they built the switch so that once you take the twist lock base out, the whole switch comes apart if you mess with it. I did it outside and was searching for tiny springs and ball bearings on the ground.

I suggest you take it inside, and do it over a baking pan, just in case.

Hardwarz

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Now does that take the same 74 bulb or 194 or is it something completly different.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i wish some1 would do this for me. i would love red leds in there but that sounds like too much work. =)

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled appart the 4X4 switch and those bulbs are not replaceable. i do not know about the window switches. if you have rear A/C like me the switch on the froot roof and rear roof are replaceable with the same #74 bulb.

i did not know that the headlight switch had a light??

i guess the one in my Tahoe and my brother Silverado are burned out.

my brother has red bulbs (Not LED's) in his gage cluster and red LED's in his heater control and it looks real good. he is going to put the LED's in his gage cluster when he gets the money.

if you would like i could get some pictures of Red lights?

Aaron

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the rear air controls front/back hard to get apart to replace those? You know how many i would need for that. Just 1 a piece? Not that im lazy, i just want to order all of tem at once from superbrightleds.com instead of getting some then having to order more then getting some then having to order more.

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are 2 bulbs in each of the controls. they are the #74 bulbs.

4 in dash heater control

2 in rear A/C controls

2 in rear seat rear A/C controls

Aaron

rukidinme

Reaction score
Try the following 2 websites for a replacement ac/heater control unit you are talking about.
rockauto.com
brightauto.com believe it is only $130 new here
Let me know how you make out in finding one cheap!

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to work on this on my 97 yukon, a few bulbs are out anyway, sounds like a good excuse to get some LEDs in there.

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was working on the Yuk today, and noticed something, perhaps someone here knows and can save me the trouble to hunt down a solution.. The headlight switch light, to the left of the steering column... mine has a very small light, took it to the local autozone/advanceautoparts stores with zero luck.. it seems to be a very particular bulb, I didn't snap a picture of it.. it isn't a wedge.. Anyone else notice or have this issue yet?

Sorry for thead hi-jacking, but this seems semi-on-topic.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was working on the Yuk today, and noticed something, perhaps someone here knows and can save me the trouble to hunt down a solution.. The headlight switch light, to the left of the steering column... mine has a very small light, took it to the local autozone/advanceautoparts stores with zero luck.. it seems to be a very particular bulb, I didn't snap a picture of it.. it isn't a wedge.. Anyone else notice or have this issue yet?

Sorry for thead hi-jacking, but this seems semi-on-topic.

Pull the bulb out of the plastic Toshiba V-2 socket. It should be a #74 type bulb.

Hardwarz

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so you just have to take the wire/leads from the bulb and un hook them from the socket, then pull the bulb, and fish the 74 type bulb's wires back in there. etc. ?

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually ended up at radio shack, purchased their part number 272-1141 mini lamp [12V] I had to cut the wires/insulation away, but i put it in the socket, and it worked right away! Now off to replace all the interior lights and dash lights, thinking I will just go with a bright clean white throughout.