Tahoe Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, i was planning to install an exhaust onto the hoe and was wondering what most people are installing themselves. I dont want to be blowing the doors off of cars but i would like a nice growl tone to it. so what are most people using, price, stores, sound ?? etc.
thanks

2007TahoeLTZ

Reaction score
i saw this very flashy truck driving around chicago had some logo on it T something and it was a towing company........it was completly covered with strobes and i thought saw some exhaust equipment on the for sale sign i think if you do some reserach you could have a good product from a good salesman

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i prefer buying something from a store or a shop, any troubles occur and i can go back. I dont usually buy stuff off a tow truck.
but thanks anyway

racebronco

Reaction score
I have a magnaflow cat back on my 99. sounds good, deep & melow, not very loud. but when I tow, the droning is annoying. if you don't tow, this would be a great setup.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
70 series flowmaster = good sound, very quiet, flows just like loud ones

50 series flowmaster = little bit louder than 70 series

40 series flowmaster = the original flowmaster sound. nice deep tone that doesnt get annoying on long road trips. i loved these on my 4.3L v6. they made it sound like a v8 till i hit upper rpms.

new 44 series flowmaster = they sound super bad! i am getting these for my tahoe soon!

if you really want people to hear you coming for several blocks just cut off everything and use turbo tubes with no cats. you can cause people pain as you pass 2000 rpm on the tach

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there were sound clips LOL
I want an exhaust that sounds real deep

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a magnaflow on mine, and it is the best! I didn't get the flowmaster because it resonated inside to much. The magnaflow is loud outside but quiet inside. I also noticed I got a few more HP and gas mileage improved about 1mpg. I just put an intake kit on there too and the sound got a little deeper and louder, with both the magnaflow and airaid there is definately more HP and gas mileage has improved 3-5mpg. Hope that helped. :Chevy:

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Trucks&id=99

the sound is awesom

I have a magnaflow on mine, and it is the best! I didn't get the flowmaster because it resonated inside to much. The magnaflow is loud outside but quiet inside. I also noticed I got a few more HP and gas mileage improved about 1mpg. I just put an intake kit on there too and the sound got a little deeper and louder, with both the magnaflow and airaid there is definately more HP and gas mileage has improved 3-5mpg. Hope that helped. :Chevy:

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, the sound clips helped alot too. I think i will end up going with the magnaflow, it sounds really nice and the construction of it looks good too.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the maggy on my 00 limited, have a black magnaflow on my denali too. Aside from spending $$$ on corsa the magnaflow will have the least drone and the smoothest sound IMO. Stock y-pipe is atrocious as well, here are a few pics of the magnaflow y-pipe and catback I installed on mine. I still contend that it was the best upgrade I ever did to the truck.
DSC01221.jpg

IMG00115.jpg

IMG00134.jpg

IMG00132.jpg

IMG00130.jpg

IMG00131.jpg

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Boostaholic, what kinda running board replacements are those there? They look sweet!! I cracked my boards on my 99 Denali and would like to get a set of what you have there!!

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, and you happen to know the model number of the magnaflow you got there??

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are stock 00 tahoe limited side skirts, and the exhaust is just a magnaflow 15701 kit painted with black engine enamel.

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love the way the magnaflow sounds but isn t it alot more pricy than the flowmaster?

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
magnaflow is good but I truly like the flowmaster better. make your own choice

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boostaholic, your exhaust setup is awesome. Thanks for the pictures.

is that a 98 or 99 year model in the pictures? also, did you have your exhaust pipes made for you custom? I cant really see if the O2 sensors are gone from the new pipes also?

This is the setup I asked my local mufflers and pipes guy to do. He said it wouldnt help me much, but you say its your best mod ever.

ok great thanks for your help.