Tahoe Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 limited, the y-pipe uses the stock o2 locations but is much larger piping and utilizes mandrel bends.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boostaholic, Im sorry to belabor the point, I just had a few more questions.

The connector pipe from the headers to the cats, I dont see that in the exhaust kit you mentioned, was it custome bent for you, or is it a different number from the 15701?

also, do you have stock exhaust manifolds, or headers ( what kind if you do?)
sorry and thanks again.

Pete

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
70 series flowmaster = good sound, very quiet, flows just like loud ones

50 series flowmaster = little bit louder than 70 series

40 series flowmaster = the original flowmaster sound. nice deep tone that doesnt get annoying on long road trips. i loved these on my 4.3L v6. they made it sound like a v8 till i hit upper rpms.

new 44 series flowmaster = they sound super bad! i am getting these for my tahoe soon!

if you really want people to hear you coming for several blocks just cut off everything and use turbo tubes with no cats. you can cause people pain as you pass 2000 rpm on the tach

I used a Super 40- very loud so I switched to a 50 series. flowmaster is the way to go.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boostaholic, Im sorry to belabor the point, I just had a few more questions.

The connector pipe from the headers to the cats, I dont see that in the exhaust kit you mentioned, was it custome bent for you, or is it a different number from the 15701?

also, do you have stock exhaust manifolds, or headers ( what kind if you do?)
sorry and thanks again.

Pete
No worries brother, I'm happy to help :cheers: The y pipe (23453) was a different part from the catback that somehow came into my inventory and my cost was crazy cheap.
23453.gif

The highflow cats really woke the truck up, I was about to do a marine intake manifold swap and pcm mod but a friend wanted the truck and I wanted a transfer case. I was still running the stock headers but planned on getting some jba shortys or building some form of turbo kit with the marine swap.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude YES! :thumbsup: . thats exactly what i wanted, thanks a bunch.
I wonder if the exhaust will rust when I mate magnaflow parts to flomaster parts. :D