Dashmod Yay or Nay??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of cool, but I'd like to see a better picture than what is in the auction. I tend to be a little bit wary of auctions like that if the sellers are using a low resolution picture of the item. You can't really tell what it's going to look like.

And in the picture, when the lights are red the rings look lit up. But for the other colors, the rings don't appear to light up. Is that also selectable? The seller doesn't specify in the auction.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes in the auction it says there are seven colors to choose from with a switch you mount on the dash

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes in the auction it says there are seven colors to choose from with a switch you mount on the dash

Yes, I know that you can select different colors. But what I want to know is if the rings light up. In the picture, look at the RED colored example. See how the ring around each gauge is lit up white (yellow arrows)? Now look at the other colors. See how the ring around each gauge is not lit up white? I want to know if you can turn that part on or off. I do not want the rings to light up, only the gauges.

41d4_1-1.jpg

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen plenty of these in the 'honda tuner' 'jdm-yo' folks... the dash switch has two buttons.. one cycles through the different colors, the other cycles through the brightness of the glow. I would strongly doubt (nor have I seen in the ebay scene) lights that allow you to pick and choose various 'options' on the lights, such as rings around each gauge, etc.

Free information, take it for what you paid for it.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the white faced gauges myself...some of those things are a little to ricy for me

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally i'd just throw on a white overlay and be done with it. save the money for something that may end up looking worse than stock.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'll keep my gauges stock and save my money for performance mods. I don't drive at night enough anyway.

INHUMANITY

Reaction score
That looks pretty damned cool! I love the clean look.

I don't know if it'll look right in our gen trucks though. It seems too much "look at me" leaving the rest of the dash vanilla. Just my personal opinion. ;)

I still think they look awesome. The ability to change the colors on the fly is nice.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I wanted the ability to match my after martket stereo