Hypertech performance programer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhwakeboarder

Reaction score
I've heard that these things are super effective in increasing performance and gas mileage. Does anyone on here have one? I would like to program mine and see what difference it makes. I would be willing to pay all shipping and a small usage charge...99 Tahoe 5.7L of course.

later.

atxballer

Reaction score
hypertech programmer

Hey Guys! I just got one off of ebay so I plan on testing it out soon. I've heard people make some pretty interesting claims regarding horsepower and gas mileage. If I notice any significant gains I will let y'all know. I'm also looking forward to seeing how fast I'm actually going since I have larger tires (BFG's 32x11.50 and a 4" Fabtech spindle lift).

Last edited:

atxballer

Reaction score
Hey Guys! I just got one off of ebay so I plan on testing it out soon. I've heard people make some pretty interesting claims regarding horsepower and gas mileage. If I notice any significant gains I will let y'all know. I'm also looking forward to seeing how fast I'm actually going since I have larger tires (BFG's 32x11.50 and a 4" Fabtech spindle lift).

So I've had it on there for a couple of weeks and this is what I have observed so far.

- The truck definitely has a noticeable power gain.
- The shiftness between gears is a lot firmer.
- No significant improvements in gas mileage as of yet. Still driving the same and adjusted tire size to reflect 32" inch tires. Will monitor gas mielage and report back once I have a chance to fill up a few times.

Moularia

Reaction score
wow, when you say significan gains, what do you mean? what about your top speed limiter?

uxb101

Reaction score
So I've had it on there for a couple of weeks and this is what I have observed so far.

- The truck definitely has a noticeable power gain.
- The shiftness between gears is a lot firmer.
- No significant improvements in gas mileage as of yet. Still driving the same and adjusted tire size to reflect 32" inch tires. Will monitor gas mielage and report back once I have a chance to fill up a few times.

now dont take this the wrong way but why would you put big tires and a lift kit on a 2wd truck?? do you offroad with 2 wheel drive

atxballer

Reaction score
wow, when you say significan gains, what do you mean? what about your top speed limiter?

I'm getting about 2-3 miles per gallon better than I did before. As far as Top Speed goes I keep it at the lowest setting which is 110mph. I don't see any reason to make that higher.

Last edited:

atxballer

Reaction score
now dont take this the wrong way but why would you put big tires and a lift kit on a 2wd truck?? do you offroad with 2 wheel drive

I used to off-road with my friends back in the day. Whenever I would get stuck they would pull me out. To answer your question I just like the look of the truck with the 4" lift and the big tires. It looks 50 times better than stock, I will try to post a pic on here. I used to have the BFG All-Terrains but I recently switched to the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I can honestly say the Nitto's handle much better on the road than the BFG's.

chevyfreak

Reaction score
I have a hypertech on my 99 2 door tahoe 5.7L. I only use the enhanced shift points, pressure, top speed limiter and tire size though. I also have a 2wd with 32" bfg A/T tires. I have a 3" body lift. With 3.42's it can be a little slow off of the line sometimes. I dont use the performance part of the tune very often because it only has an option for 93 and I dont need that everyday. With the 93 tune, I pick up about 3 mpg on the highway. My 1/4 mile times decrease about .5 seconds from when I just had the shifts reprogramed.

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this thread? Any other programmers widely accepted as great as far as performance goes?

Anyone use it for towing? does it make any noticable torque differences? shift points seem like it would be helpful for towing?

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up just purchasing one new, but never used... incredible price, I'll update when I get it (sometime next week I presume) and thoughts about its performance.

Trip

Reaction score
Hypertech programer

I bought one just to recalibrate my speedo since I changed my gear ratio and tire size. I haven't felt any power gains but who could with 35's. I do like the shift firmness in the tranny and the ability to read the Diagnostic Trouble Codes. So I give it a thumbs up:thumbsup: Plus it comes with a cool sticker, totally worth the $300 right there, Yeah!

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
summit racing has them for $350, u can only use it on one vehicle tho. what a ripoff, we should be able to charge our friends $50 for a tune-up!

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to sell mine.. I had it put back to standard, so it can be mated with another vehicle without problem.. I'm thinking $300 shipped (in the U.S.) any interest here?

I just think I'd rather put money into getting the truck fixed first (driveability issues), than I'd want to get a programmer later.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hopin to get the new Hypertech Max Energy Programmer for Christmas (hope the Family gets the hint, leave Stylin Trucks magazines open to the page all the time). My friend got one for his Silverado, and they definately make a difference, it was super easy for him to get the back wheels loose for burnouts, and he says he gets 3mpg better, its also much easier to get up to speed on the super short onramps that California loves to put in!. If I don't get one for Christmas I think I'll buy one. :Chevy:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy- if you don't get it for Xmas, I would sell mine, heck give your family my email, save them some $$ so they could get you more presents for the truck. ;)

Well it depends do you have the new Hypertech Max Energy, or the older version? If its not the Max Energy and I don't get one for Christmas I'll PM you for sure! :Chevy:

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That works.. yes it is the brand new Max Energy.. part# 32000 I believe (one more or less zero I forget..). Keep me posted, like I mentioned you could even pass on info for the family. hehe.