Hypertech performance programer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atxballer

Reaction score
So after having this thing for a while I have come to the conclusion that it is a piece of junk. It definitely was not worth the money and I don't recommend it to anyone! The reason I was seeing mileage gains because my speedometer/odometer was adjusted to the right tire size it had nothing to do with the programmer. Also, I had a problem when I was trying to reprogam. Halfway through the writing to my CPU it crashed. My truck wouldn't start and I ended up having to tow it to the dealership to have the factory reprogram my truck to stock settings. Hypertech told me I could take out my PCM and send the programmer back and they would reflash both items but I didn't want to deal with the wait to send it in, I kinda needed a vehicle to drive.

Last edited:

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange... Mine has worked like a charm, taking the tune on and off, and NOTICABLE power gain, throttle response, with no loss of fuel milage... perhaps you got a bad unit, it does happen. I'm still impressed a good deal with MaxEnergy programmer.