2nd Row Captain Chairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr GT OH

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon XL with a 2nd row bench but I want captains chairs. Is it a simple remove old/install new, or is it more involved?

sboston4

Reaction score
I have no idea but I would be happy to take some pics of the mounts on the captain chairs in mine and send them to you if that would help.

Mr GT OH

Reaction score
I have no idea but I would be happy to take some pics of the mounts on the captain chairs in mine and send them to you if that would help.

That would be great, and maybe you could take a quick measurement. Thanks.

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOMETIMES, GM has been known to make all in one stuff, like the mounting needed for captains chairs but it called for bench seat. If Sboston4 could easily peel back the carpet, you would know what it looks like having the seats mounted. Not a betting man, but they may have the same holes in your rig just not being used.

I wouldn't mind that either, soon as I get rid of more kids. :D

Aaron

sboston4

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the mounting hardware.

What measurements would be helpful?

I'm not sure that I can easily peel the carpet back to check for the mounts.

Attachments

• 2008-06-11 002.jpg
    2008-06-11 002.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 2008-06-11 003.jpg
    2008-06-11 003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2008-06-11 004.jpg
    2008-06-11 004.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2008-06-11 005.jpg
    2008-06-11 005.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 15

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah looks like a lot of work to peel back the carpet.

I have rear bench seats too.

Mr GT OH

Reaction score
SBoston,
Thanks for the pics. They deffinately look different. I am supprised noone has done this before.

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would still try to see if there are mount holes for the captains chairs, never know.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SBoston,
Thanks for the pics. They deffinately look different. I am supprised noone has done this before.

I know I have seen a post about somebody doing this before. Somebody bought buckets off of ebay and put them in with only a little work. Run another search here and if no luck, run a search and post on www.z71tahoe-suburban.com . I saw the post on one of the two.

schuck

Reaction score
Be careful when buying your captain chairs. I bought a set from a Suburban and they will not fit. The floor mounting brackets on a suburban are flat and if you notice from the pictures above, the rear of the mouting brackets have a lift of about 3 inches in the Tahoe/Yukon seats. This bent angle is to clear the hump in the floor for the differential which doesn't come into play on the suburban.

Steve

Mr GT OH

Reaction score
Be careful when buying your captain chairs. I bought a set from a Suburban and they will not fit. The floor mounting brackets on a suburban are flat and if you notice from the pictures above, the rear of the mouting brackets have a lift of about 3 inches in the Tahoe/Yukon seats. This bent angle is to clear the hump in the floor for the differential which doesn't come into play on the suburban.

Steve

Yeah too late. I bought them already thinking they would fit. Time to sell them. So does anyone need a perfect set of 2nd row captain chairs out of an 05 Yukon.

Last edited:

jocar15

Reaction score
hey man
i have an 01 tahoe, and i know it's not an XL or anything like but i put in 2nd row captains seats that i got from a junk yard out of an 03 tahoe and for the most it was a direct bolt in. wasn't any modification to it at all. if you want i can try and get you the instructions from an 05 service manual if you can give year make model and engine.

Mr GT OH

Reaction score
hey man
i have an 01 tahoe, and i know it's not an XL or anything like but i put in 2nd row captains seats that i got from a junk yard out of an 03 tahoe and for the most it was a direct bolt in. wasn't any modification to it at all. if you want i can try and get you the instructions from an 05 service manual if you can give year make model and engine.

That would be great. its a 2005 Yukon XL 2500 with the 8.1L. From what I have been seeing there not gonna fit, but I would appreciate it.

jocar15

Reaction score
the attachment is the instructions to remove your bench seat and install captain's seats. its pretty easy. umm i would go to a junk yard or go to LKQ to see if you can find the captains seats. are you trying to put the kind of captains seats that actually go in the rear in or captains seats that are like the ones in the front in the rear? you still have those seats from an 05 yukon and if so what color are they?

Attachments

• Rear Seat Replacement.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 44

schuck

Reaction score
Sure, if the price isn't too expensive and they are guaranteed to fit a Tahoe.

How much are you asking for them with shipping to 50428?

Thanks

Steve

Mr GT OH

Reaction score
Sure, if the price isn't too expensive and they are guaranteed to fit a Tahoe.

How much are you asking for them with shipping to 50428?

Thanks

Steve

I will try to get shipping cost today.

Jeremy