05 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phatmike

Reaction score
When I have to fill up on gas every time it won’t let me hold it wide open to fill it up or it overflows!! What to do?

RickMaria

Reaction score
I have a 05 tahoe that is doing the same.it takes me like 20 minutes to fill up cause of this. i hope someone knows whats the cause.i will keep an eye out on this thread.

RickMaria

Reaction score
I did some searching and found it common for the evap valve to go out. it is located under and mounted near the rear of the gas tank. i will look into replacing mine and see if this fixes the issue. seems like a easy swap.

sonic007ca

Reaction score
I have a 05 tahoe that is doing the same.it takes me like 20 minutes to fill up cause of this. i hope someone knows whats the cause.i will keep an eye out on this thread.
I find that I get quite a lot of vapor locks at some stations. This is because of a higher flow rate some pumps are set to. If the fuel is pumped too quickly this is normal. There are only a couple I go. The station near my house is always higher so I have to pump slower whereas the station other end of town has a slower rate so I lock it wide open and it is fine. I don't get overfilled either. I keep the nozzle fully inserted into the inlet.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk