07 tahoe procharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Norris83

Reaction score
not that i know off, but if ur willing to spend the cash get the magnacharger.. a roots type blower is so much more efficient then a centrufugal..

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always hear good things about the whipple... On a truck, a roots is going to be your best option. a procharger/vortech is really for top end power... I imagine you are looking for better "off the line" or just passing power, not so much running the 1/4.

I actually have a procharger in my c5 - if i had to do it again, i would go with a roots, as the car is a dog on the bottom end, needs to hit over 3k to build any boost.

07tahizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im also looking to do this but prolly not till next summer. any links you guys could give me would be really helpful.
thanks

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are just about to install a Radix on my 04 Tahoe. We toyed around with throwing a turbo on it, but after having a Radix on the SSS it was hard not to stick with a tried and true.

Justin did tune a lifted Silverado with a procharger on it and said that thing is a breast, it does have a few other goodies on it, but he said it moves real well for a lifted truck on 35s.

Sotorin

Reaction score
I'll pick up my car w/ Procharger in it on Monday 20th Oct. I'll share my thoughts and impressions.

Sotorin

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day. I have read quite a few articles about supercharging your car and now I'm not so sure if I have made the right choice by picking Procharger vs. Magnacharger. I don't race and I really wanted more passing and "off the line" power. However, decision has already been made, paid for and I'm pretty sure installed. I'm not sure what to expect but promised experience is supposed to be "mind-blowingâ€. Of course, I’ll post some pictures – I’ll take them tomorrow if it’s not going to be too dark. Maybe even a short video in upcoming days as I drive to work in the morning where I will have a nice stretch of interstate to floor it.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think you will get what you want out of the Procharger. :thumbsup:

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day. I have read quite a few articles about supercharging your car and now I'm not so sure if I have made the right choice by picking Procharger vs. Magnacharger. I don't race and I really wanted more passing and "off the line" power. However, decision has already been made, paid for and I'm pretty sure installed. I'm not sure what to expect but promised experience is supposed to be "mind-blowingâ€. Of course, I’ll post some pictures – I’ll take them tomorrow if it’s not going to be too dark. Maybe even a short video in upcoming days as I drive to work in the morning where I will have a nice stretch of interstate to floor it.

The Magnacharger is a Roots-Type blower that will get into boost right away. The Procharger is centrifugal and boost goes up as RPM goes up.

I think the Magnacharger would be suited for you needs.
Procharger is a good unit. I run one on my Camaro.

Sotorin

Reaction score
I think the Magnacharger would be suited for you needs.
Procharger is a good unit. I run one on my Camaro.

Yes, I'm far more educated now then a month ago when I bought it. I had diffictulties locating/finding Magnacharger model for my car but it was dirt simple with Procharger. For 7K+ local dealer here (Chicago) took care of everything (purchase, installation, tuning, some spare parts [belt in this case]). There were plenty of choices for older models (up to 06 I suppose) but Procharger was the only one that came thru with immediate support, recommendations etc. and that's pretty much why I decided on that model. A lot of people were raving about it too. How bad can it really be "off the line" - can't be the same as stock, now can it? That would be a waste of money.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bad can it really be "off the line" - can't be the same as stock, now can it? That would be a waste of money.

Its not bad off the line. But in the Camaro I have a 3600 stall, so I get into boost right away. Procharger is a great blower. I have yet to have any problems with the two units I have used.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a 3600 stall? Do they make it for Tahoes? Is it worth buying, installing?

Its the Torque converter in your tranny.

Mine stalls to 3600, means it can rev up to 3600 before the car moves. It allows the engine to get into the power range quicker.

Great for racing and performance. Not good on gas mileage.

They may make it for the Tahoe. Not sure what tranny they use. 4l60E is what I have in the Camaro.

Sotorin

Reaction score
Mine stalls to 3600, means it can rev up to 3600 before the car moves. It allows the engine to get into the power range quicker.

Great for racing and performance. Not good on gas mileage.

I guess I'll just wait until I drive my Tahoe a bit with Procharger installed before I decide on any more modifications. Thanks for your explanations. I really appreciate it.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torque management is part of the problem w/ the NBS Tahoes being doggy off the line. So you'll probably want to have some of that removed.