08 Yukon SLT with a Denali look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeworski

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I just purchase a 08 Yukon SLT and i am glad i found this forum. Thanks for all the helpfull hints. I wanted to ask you guys if i can turn my SLT to a Denali look. First question is will i have any problems installing a Denali Lower Grille on my SLT? I purchased my SLT with the Denali Grille and i wanted the lower piece as well. But, the dealer told me that i would have to replace the whole bumper with a Denali. I know i have seen many Yukon installed with a the Denali grille. Please help me clarify this confusion.
My other question was will a Denali Roof-Mounted Luggage Cross Rail Package fit in my Yukon? Thanks again.:umn:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
I can't tell you if you would need a new bumper to do the OEM Denali lower grille mod because I do not have a Yukon but an Tahoe. I do know that you could just go out and buy a grille kit to replace both your upper and lower grilles for a decent price and better/unique look. Look around www.ebay.com or www.autoanything.com.
As for the denali/escalade roof rack side rails you can do that readily at any time, it seems too be a common but $380 mininum mod around these forums, ask your local GM Parts dealer the part numbers for the necessary parts to do so and then go to www.newgmparts.com to order them.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do know that the Denali Bumpers are different. I bought the moded Splash guards, which you can buy painted to match your body color. You can only buy the Denali ones, and they will not fit an SLT. I got stuck, and had to buy Black ones and have them painted to fit an SLT.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note because I fell victim to this. I have the SLT2 as well and I thought I had the Denali grill, but it's not. It's chrome, but on the Denali the holes are round and mine are oval. Just check to see that you have the circles and not ovals.

IMO my grill looks better than the Denali grill, but I almost got that lower piece until I realized the holes on the bottom would be round and the top oval.

CONGRATS on the purchase btw! I love my Yukon!!!

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey if you are looking for that denali/esky roof, you might wanna buy it from JazyJeff. He used to sell them for $700+ but is selling his personal one for $500 w/ white caps. If your vehicle isnt white, just take them to the dealership like i did and get them to paint it for you. He just listed them: http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=14876

Jasnite

Reaction score
joeworski,

I added the Denali grille to my 2007 Yukon SLT with no problem and no bumper change. Did it myself. Just be sure that it is a official Denali grille not aftermarket.

Jasnite

Reaction score
73shark,

I put in the lower section also. All in 1hr 30min. The clips around the edges gave me a hard time. Good Luck....