1" body drop pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost, with a 3/5 drop and 20's, do you have any issues with rubbing? What size tires are you running?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Barely rubs on the front, I had a nail in one of the rears that ripped off the small inner liners but it drives great for being dropped so much with such a large tire. You really have to watch your backspacing on the wheels with a drop, I can't go any wider or it would rub for sure
IMG00238.jpg

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel ya. yea i was lookin at putting a set of 08 gmc sierra polished wheels on mine because the offset is the same. They are 1.5 inches wider however so i would get an extra .75 inch on each side of the wheel but I beleive that would be ok. Stock offset is 31, I just wonder how much I could get away with without it rubbing. Looks like you are running OEM wheels also? What are those from? Its a lot of research to try to find a wheel that fits nicely, thats why i was just going to find a set of OEM wheels that look nice

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks dope as hell bro! Still need to drop mine...been too busy/lazy lol

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NNBS silverado 20s that I had powdercoated black. What kind of lift do you have on that tahoe trend? That thing looks sweet what are those some 37" tires you have on there? Must be at least an 8" lift.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK, I passed you while you were driving down I-35 this morning. The truck looks better in person than it does in these pics. Great Job.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
JK, I passed you while you were driving down I-35 this morning. The truck looks better in person than it does in these pics. Great Job.

Thanks man. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to wash it for almost two weeks. I haven't seen your truck since you've blacked it out. I guess I missed you passing by. Were you on the other side going north?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving south. I was in a company car. I would have beeped at you if I were in the Yukon. I had your tails painted by a pro and they look sick. Next time i see your truck at your work I will stop in and let you take a look at it. Its still a work in progress. It really needs another couple inches of drop.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice bro! very nice indeed! I jealous.... not sure what your plans are, but if you are keeping the bumper chrome and going to keep that chrome side moulding, you should get the lade roof rack, it would be a nice little chrome topper to your ride IMO

either way, very sick stance!

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK, like that look. i want to give mine a 2/3 drop using the torsion keys and rear coils. the kit i am looking to buy is off of ebay but it doesnt say if it comes with instruction to install the torsion keys. can u supply me with the proper way to install these. thanx

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since we are talking about this, is there a way i can drop my front end only? I only want to drop it 1/2" - 1"

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, just loosen the Torsion key adjusting bolts until you get it to your desired height. If you look under the truck you will see the long torsion bars going from the lower control arm to the cross member just behind the front seats. there is a bolt sticking right out of the bottom of the cross member. Loosen it a little and drive around the block. If you want to go lower, just looen it a little more then drive around the block again. you will need to get an alignment afterwards.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, just loosen the Torsion key adjusting bolts until you get it to your desired height. If you look under the truck you will see the long torsion bars going from the lower control arm to the cross member just behind the front seats. there is a bolt sticking right out of the bottom of the cross member. Loosen it a little and drive around the block. If you want to go lower, just looen it a little more then drive around the block again. you will need to get an alignment afterwards.

AAHHHHH F*CK.... i was super excited till you told me to get it aligned... i JUST did that!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
JK, like that look. i want to give mine a 2/3 drop using the torsion keys and rear coils. the kit i am looking to buy is off of ebay but it doesnt say if it comes with instruction to install the torsion keys. can u supply me with the proper way to install these. thanx
Sure thing. Let me know when you get your kit in and if you need some help or tips, post up or PM and myself or someone else knowledgable will defiinitely help out.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
very nice bro! very nice indeed! I jealous.... not sure what your plans are, but if you are keeping the bumper chrome and going to keep that chrome side moulding, you should get the lade roof rack, it would be a nice little chrome topper to your ride IMO

either way, very sick stance!
Thanks man. I actually have a roll pan and front SS bumper sitting in my garage waiting for paint. But I'm waiting to do a few things at once. I'm going to pull the side moulding, and when I drop the roll pan and SS bumper off for paint, I'm also having the grille painted black, removing the rest of my roof rack, tinting the 3rd brake light, and also having the tails and sidemarkers tinted on my CTS at the same time. So, it should look a lot better once I get everything done. I'm thinking about a different hood also, but not sure yet. Got so much going on and the funds aren't flowing in as fast as I'd like!

Lowboy44

Reaction score
I hope somebody solves the body mount bushing search soon. I can't wait to get them. I really need that extra inch in the back.

JK's ride looks bad azz

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I hope somebody solves the body mount bushing search soon. I can't wait to get them. I really need that extra inch in the back.

JK's ride looks bad azz

Thanks bro.
I've been searching. Starting to think the guy I bought them from had them custom made or made them himself. I've been trying to locate the guy but with no luck.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TTT

Been looking for something all day...got a message that said "You have reached the end of the Internet."

anybody have any luck :D