1997 Drivers side interior door handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyHauler

Reaction score
So tonight I got out of the truck and pulled the door handle and it came off in my hand, it had snapped inside the door, my thought is to go and get a door from another Yukon (I have a 1997 4 door) and get the parts I need off it. I tore it apart and saw that there are a lot of parts riveted on and it doesn't look easy to replace.

My question is what is the years of Yukon can I pull a door off of??

HockeyHauler

Reaction score
Is there anything different about the 2 door model to the 4 door model??

I was figuring that a 95-99 model would work

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not to sure but i thought that the 2 door was a little bigger than the 4 door panels....

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not limited to just using Yukon parts. Tahoe parts would be the same, as far as the door handle is concerned. I believe that you could also use any GMC or Chevy pickup door from 95-98 for parts. You could also use Suburban doors. And I'm pretty sure that the doors are the same size between the 2-door and 4-door Tahoes.

But it's not that hard to replace the door handle. If it is riveted on, you just have to drill out the rivets. Use self-tapping screws when installing the new one.

I see interior door handles on ebay all the time if you can't find one at a junkyard near you.