1998 Tahoe seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i bought my 1998 tahoe a couple months ago, exterior is perfect. The downfall is the interior, the seats mostly.

I have been looking for a good all around set of leather seats to replace them used and haven't had much luck. Also looked into replacement seat covers but I am looking at over a thousand dollars for new seat covers.

My question is could i used later model tahoe seats? It would broden my searrch alot...plus i could change the front bench over to buckets as well.

But the thing is I am in the Army and am limited to the automotive hobby shop so extensive fabrication is out of the question.

Thank you
-Matt

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use just about any seat you want - the only thing being that if you say get 2000 model seats - you would have to add an extra bolt hole, or 2 or 4 to mount them in - and if they are electric than you would have to run the power wires - i have seen OBS Tahoes with NBS seats looked pretty good - but you would have to run a center console out of an OBS the NBS center console goes all the way up to the dash and it wouldn't meet right with out dashes - however you could get a bench seat out of a NBS truck w/ the fold down thing in the middle as well - its just a matter of adding bolt holes thats all