1999 Tahoe headlight removal question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I went to replace bulbs on my hoe. I have a new headlight set up on order. Upon trying to remove my headlights there two hex head bolts on the outside both driver and passenger side just turn and do not come out. I ended up breaking both headlights removing them to replace the bulbs. No biggy new headlights coming Tuesday.
My question is....both the outer headlight hex bolts are still in place with the plastic attached to it. The hex head bolts just spin and do not lift out...
How do I get them out or do I have the cut the plastic in half where they go through to get the bolts out?
I tried looking on YouTube. but found nothing...any help appreciated.
Trying to work smarter not harder.
much appreciation, thank you:superhack:

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, even tried using vise grips to pull up on it with the screw driver in place as its right on the fender and a tight spot. Just spins. Wont spin up.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your going to need to get yourself a Mexicanenginuity Manual lol.. Yes Im Mexican and no I'm not loaning you my manual lol

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a Chev. I can fix it with a hammer....lol
Ill McGiver something....thought perhaps someone else ran into the same issue.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your new lights come with the buckets? If so you can just bolt the new buckets in place of the old ones on the bulkhead. It is best to remove to grille to replace the buckets.

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes they will come as a complete assembly not just lens covers.
I am not a big fan of the aftermarket look with weird lights. Got factory replacements for $130 including parking lights. Come with a year warranty. I thought that was ok?

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right considering parts in canada are always 1.5x more expensive.
I pick them up today but I will install this weekend.
(to cold) Got first snow fall yesterday but supposed to be above 10 degrees celcius friday..

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weird...snowed al dya other day. Woke up to snow.by 2pm my lawn was green and I was at car wash....lol
I have a garage but it means pulling my Caprice out. I dont drive the Caprice in inclement weather despite it being for sale. But have 4 days ahead of me for dry weather. Might even do it today....
also fund a great how to video from a1 auto..on youtube.
thanks for all the tips fellas !

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F*cking offshore JUNK....(U(*&^&))(*&T*^&
Headlamps great. Parking lights broke installing. The plastic where the screws go in has a gap inbetween the first layer of plastic and the second that attaches the rad craddle. Easy fix if they used a rubber washer or dont have a gap. What Einstein did this??? The aftermarket ones I pulled did not have this...STUPID...**&*&(*() lol
The store is replacing them under warranty.
But it looks waaaay better IMO.
Ones I replaced took alot of water, were hazed and looked like craopla.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 6

Mr_smiles

Reaction score
Might not be the right thread but has anyone replaced there headlights with aftermarket halos? If so I would love some advice.