1999 Tahoe - Instrument Cluster Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spectrese

Reaction score
Hi...I had several bulbs burned out in my instrument cluster of my 1999 Tahoe 2-door. In reading some posts and viewing a few Youtube videos - I grasped the concept of how to remove the instrument panel to replace the bulbs...by pulling the dash panel - taking out the 4 mounting bolts - and carefully wiggling out the cluster from the fixed electrical contact bank plug (no wired plug) in the dash.

I replaced the burnt out bulbs in the removed cluster without any issue.

I thought I had no problem re-installing the cluster in the dash - however now my tachometer does not work - everything else seems fine.

I took the cluster back out and observed the small plastic stub for the tachometer sticking out of the lower left back side of the cluster - and the small hole in the dash where it goes. It looks like it went into this hole OK upon re-installation...?

Is there some secret about the tachometer stub to make it work again? :help:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Restab the Cluster again, also check the back of the cluster for damage to the traces in case you nicked something......