2003 Tahoe Aux Heat/AC Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelTahoe

Reaction score
2003 Tahoe with Aux Temp Control (CJ2), Aux Heat (C36), and HVAC AC Rear (C69). Rear was constantly blowing cold; could direct to either floor or ceiling.

Replaced temperature blend actuator (rear-most). After reset (pulled battery for 120 seconds, turned on ignition but didn't start for 120 seconds), observed replacement actuator only go in one direction.

Related control module in my vehicle (1585966) has been superseded by a more recent part (15832319) which itself has been superseded. For lack of finding a direct replacement, ordered and installed a Dorman 601-036 (advertised as a direct replacement for the 15832319).

Everything works like a charm -- heat and cold when expected and automatic settings seem to work properly -- EXCEPT when I turn off the ignition and remove the key, the rear HVAC blower continues to run until I manually set it to OFF. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is in AUTO, AUX (with non-OFF settings there), or set to a specific non-OFF fan speed.

Any ideas on what I can do to solve this problem?