2006 Tahoe Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gary sutphin

Reaction score
On a trip yesterday, my low oil pressure message warning came on as well as service engine light. I checked and realized I was low on oil. Noproblem coming home after that except service engine light still on. This morning, oil pressure warning came back on and I have oil. Is there any correlation between the service engine warning and the low oil pressure problem? I'm worried about the low oil pressure warning and I'm not very good at figuring out car problems.

rjardy

Reaction score
hard to tell. How low were you on oil? You would normally have to be pretty low. The oil pump has a picku-up that sticks down into the oil pan to bring oil through the motor. Usually the only way your pressure goes away is if that pick-up is not covered in oil. Hopefully you didnt damage your engine by running it low on oil.

As for the CEL, you will have to pull the code to see if it is related.

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was/is your oil PSI guage reading??
Are you sure its not a low oil LEVEL alarm?

gary sutphin

Reaction score
What was/is your oil PSI guage reading??
Are you sure its not a low oil LEVEL alarm?

Thanks for your help. I did have a little oil on the dipstick. It was definitely the low pressure indicator as I've never experienced that before. As mentioned, it did it again early this morning, but not since, althought the CEL is still on. Waiting to talk to the dealer on Mondat, gut was hoping to find a clue before.