2007 Brake Pad and Rotor: Police Grade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregb1954

Reaction score
It's time to replace my pads and rotors. I was looking at the Rockauto site and there must be no less than 50 choices. I would like to get materials that have excellent bite and hopefully do not leave much residue on the wheels. I noticed there are towing, heavy duty, and police grades. Does anyone here have any experience with these products and can make a recommendation? I have no problem spending a few more $$ for this upgrade. Thx.

taho3fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rotors, I recommend R1COncept and Powerstop. Check out Hawk, Wagner and EBC ceramics for a good set of pads.

Gregb1954

Reaction score
Do ceramics grip was well as other materials? Thanks for the recommendation.

dmperfection

Reaction score
I don't know about police grade, but out of my 262k miles, I've primarily stuck with Delco, and in the last six years have been extremely satisfied with Centric Posi Quiet ceramics. I once tried to go cheap Autozone Duralast Gold; worst pads I've ever used on any of my cars. I've replaced rotors and drums twice; once with Delco, the second with Centric premiums.