2007 LT3 - Sirius Logo on Nav/Audio system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
I just purchased a used 2007 Tahoe this week with the Nav and DVD entertainment system. I have Sirius in my current vehicle and want to transfer the service to the new Tahoe.

The Tahoe is at the dealership getting any outstanding TSB's taken care of, so I can't go outside and check right now. However, I did notice when I was originally checking out the NAV system that a Sirius logo was on located on the NAV unit near the DVD insert slot (under Nav screen when the unit opens to reveal the CD and DVD slots).

Are all of the Nav systems Sirius ready or does the log only indicate that the unit is Sirius capable? I assume ready means the antenna and everything is already in place and all I have to do is activate the service against the ESN.

My current vehicle has an in-dash Kenwood receiver and a seperate Kenwood Sirius tuner that connects into the radio (not an FM modulator). Will I need to get a similar satellite tuner that connects into the back of the Nav system to enable Sirius or is everything already in place in my Tahoe?

I'm somewhat confused because XM seems to be the integrated service for GM vehicles and my NAV unit had a sirius log. I'm not sure if the XM logo was also present or not because I really didn't think about it at the time, but I definitely did see the Sirius logo.

Can anyone shed any light?

Also, how or where can I find the ESN number for the radio so I can activiate my service (assuming the radio is Sirius ready).

Thanks!!!

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
I've been doing some research and I found numerous posts and articles that outline the requirement for a new GM Sirius Connect unit that apparently hasn't been released yet. I also found the link below for the pre-order of the new unit.

However...I am somewhat confused because the of the Sirius Logo on my unit.

One interesting thing that may or may not be related is that the GM Nav Disc site that provides the free Nav updates did not have my VIN in their system. After they did some checking, I was told that my Tahoe did not have the Nav system installed at factory and was not qualified for the free Nav update. I can only assume that the NAV system was installed at the dealership or at some other after market establishment. If the unit was installed at a later date, would the new unit potentially have added Sirius compatibility?

The original GM Nav disc was in the DVD slot on the unit and the display looks like the regular Nav display in the owners manual.

I'm just a little confused as you can tell :)

http://www.dogstarradios.com/sirius-connect-car-tuner-sirgm3a.html

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you have an aftermarket nav system, thats why. none of the factory nav's are really all set for sirius, there set for XM.

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
I haven't researched the Nav systems yet, but are you saying that the company who makes the Nav systems for GM also makes an aftermarket Nav system that is essentially the same, but also has Sirius compatibility instead of the exclusive XM service?

If so, where can I go to review an aftermarket Nav system and find information on the unit potentially in my Tahoe?

Again, the system looks just like the factory Nav system on the outside and all of the menu interface screens appeared to look like the screen shots in the owners manual.

Thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think your mistakeing one of the logos on there.

dvd video is on the left,

dolby digital is on the right and on the right corner is DTS. you may be mistakeing one of those for sirius.

once you get the truck a picture would be a big help. :thumbsup:

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
I will try to get a picture as soon as I get the Tahoe back, but it will probably be tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm 100% sure that the Sirius logo was there because I even mentioned it to my wife at the time. I was worried about the XM partnership with GM and how it would impact my Sirius service, so I was happy when I noticed the logo and mentioned it to my wife who was sitting beside me. The logo was definitely on the right side and most of the logos all seemed to appear on the right side as well (under the LCD screen and only visible when the LCD face is open).

After looking at the owners manual that I downloaded from the internet, my nav system defnitely looks a little different. All of the buttons to the right and left of the LCD screen appear to be the same, but when I press the open button to access the hidden DVD slot, I actually have two disc slots. One was labled CD (on top) and the bottom was labeled DVD. BOTH slots are hidden by the LCD screen when it closes, which appears to be different than the picture on page 19 of the 2007 Tahoe owners manual. The owners manual picture only shows one disc slot hidden behind the LCD screen.

I guess I will just have to investigate things more when I get the vehicle back this week, but this thing is driving me crazy. I swear the unit looks like a factory system from the outside and I haven't found any aftermarket systems that look like it. I wonder if the unit is maybe a 2008 system that was added on recently.

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
Ok...I finally got the Tahoe on Friday night and I wasn't crazy. The Navigation unit is definitely an aftermarket system. It's an Eclipse AVN-50 and the rear entertainment system is an Advent ADV450S. The crazy thing is that I can't find any information on either component via the web. The Advent website (http://audiovox.com) has no mention of the ADV450S and I get no results if I do a search on the model number. The Eclipse AVN-50 is the exact same thing. I can't find any reference to the unit on the Eclipse website (http://eclipse-web.com).

I did find a link to the the Eclipse owners manual for my unit and luckily the original Eclipse manual was still in the glove box when I picked up the vehicle. Although I couldn't find any information the Advent rear entertainement system, I did figure out all of the controls.

Once I figured out what I had, I went through and tested all of the audio/video options and here are the issues I have found thus far.

1. The rear audio controls on the back of the center console do not work. If I hit the power button the contol panel lights up and you can hear the rear speakers cut out like they are waiting for me to make a selection, but nothing happens when I select the source button and the volume controls do nothing.

2. The rear entertainment system is not connected to the front navigation/audio system. It uses an FM transmitter to send audio to the head unit and it doesn't work very well in my area. The unit only has 5 FM channel selections and all of them get interference where I am at because stations are broadcasting on or closely to that frequency.

The positives are that the Eclipse Nav unit works fine with all of the steering wheel audio controls and it also implements the same factory saftey features like not playing DVD video on the front nav screen unless the parking brake is on.

I am happy with the system except for the fact that the rear entertainment system is essentially disconnected from the main head unit and I no longer have my rear audio controls. I can understand the rear DVD system not being connected to the front system, but I'm suprised that the rear audio controls do not work with the Eclipse system since all of the other audio functions appear to work as expected (steering wheel controls, saftety features, etc).

I took the rear entertainment unit down to see if there were any factory connection lines available to try an link the audio signal from the rear DVD to the Eclipse Nav unit, but nothing was there.

I found the IR headsets that go with the Audiovox/Advent systems, so I have them ordered and that should solve my FM transmitter issues. However, I would really like to run an audio signal to my head unit and a video signal from the head unit to the rear system.

I'm not sure if the Eclipse system was designed to work specifically with GM vehicles or not, but I do know that the factory had the unit installed at a locel Car Audio place on behalf of the original owner.

Has anyone seen these units before? Also, can anyone shed any light on the rear audio controls or linking the front and rear systems?

Thanks!!!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...I finally got the Tahoe on Friday night and I wasn't crazy. The Navigation unit is definitely an aftermarket system. It's an Eclipse AVN-50 and the rear entertainment system is an Advent ADV450S. The crazy thing is that I can't find any information on either component via the web. The Advent website (http://audiovox.com) has no mention of the ADV450S and I get no results if I do a search on the model number. The Eclipse AVN-50 is the exact same thing. I can't find any reference to the unit on the Eclipse website (http://eclipse-web.com).

I did find a link to the the Eclipse owners manual for my unit and luckily the original Eclipse manual was still in the glove box when I picked up the vehicle. Although I couldn't find any information the Advent rear entertainement system, I did figure out all of the controls.

Once I figured out what I had, I went through and tested all of the audio/video options and here are the issues I have found thus far.

1. The rear audio controls on the back of the center console do not work. If I hit the power button the contol panel lights up and you can hear the rear speakers cut out like they are waiting for me to make a selection, but nothing happens when I select the source button and the volume controls do nothing.

2. The rear entertainment system is not connected to the front navigation/audio system. It uses an FM transmitter to send audio to the head unit and it doesn't work very well in my area. The unit only has 5 FM channel selections and all of them get interference where I am at because stations are broadcasting on or closely to that frequency.

The positives are that the Eclipse Nav unit works fine with all of the steering wheel audio controls and it also implements the same factory saftey features like not playing DVD video on the front nav screen unless the parking brake is on.

I am happy with the system except for the fact that the rear entertainment system is essentially disconnected from the main head unit and I no longer have my rear audio controls. I can understand the rear DVD system not being connected to the front system, but I'm suprised that the rear audio controls do not work with the Eclipse system since all of the other audio functions appear to work as expected (steering wheel controls, saftety features, etc).

I took the rear entertainment unit down to see if there were any factory connection lines available to try an link the audio signal from the rear DVD to the Eclipse Nav unit, but nothing was there.

I found the IR headsets that go with the Audiovox/Advent systems, so I have them ordered and that should solve my FM transmitter issues. However, I would really like to run an audio signal to my head unit and a video signal from the head unit to the rear system.

I'm not sure if the Eclipse system was designed to work specifically with GM vehicles or not, but I do know that the factory had the unit installed at a locel Car Audio place on behalf of the original owner.

Has anyone seen these units before? Also, can anyone shed any light on the rear audio controls or linking the front and rear systems?

Thanks!!!!

reason your rear audio controls do nothing is you need to get a pair of headphones and plug them in. thats how it works in the tahoe. it does not play a seperate source from the speakers.

other stuff will need to wait for the aftermarket experts. im an OEM guy. ;)

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
So when you plug in the headphones in the rear audio panel, do the source options show up or do you only hear the sources change as you toggle through them using the source button? I would think that you would see the selected source listed on the display, even though you can't here it through the rear speakers.

I am going out to the car right now to test it out.

Thanks and I will wait for the aftermarket input from the experts.

Thanks!!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when you plug in the headphones in the rear audio panel, do the source options show up or do you only hear the sources change as you toggle through them using the source button? I would think that you would see the selected source listed on the display, even though you can't here it through the rear speakers.

I am going out to the car right now to test it out.

Thanks and I will wait for the aftermarket input from the experts.

Thanks!!!

you should see what source your on. the people who installed the aftermarket stuff have messed stuff up. :wow:

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
Ok...I went out and plugged in a set of headphones into the rear audio panel (on the back of the console). When I press the power button the rear speakers go off and I could hear the audio source playing from the front head unit. I could also turn the volume up or down.

I then tried the source button to see if I could change audio sources and nothing happened. Nothing is displayed on the rear display except for the word "On".

So...is this the norm or should I be able to select a different audio source than what's in use on the front unit (as an example...should I be able to select FM and listen to a different FM station than selected on the front unit or should I be able to listen to the CD while the front unit is playing FM).

Also...I found a simlilar Eclipse unit named AVN50D on some Toyota forums and apparently the 50D unit is used by Toyota Dealerships for aftermarket installs that so not to void the warranty. I am assuming that this is the case for GM and my AVN50 is a dealer only model used by GM for aftermarket installs. The Toyota forums stated that the 50D is the same model as the AVN5510 (consumer version). There is also an AVN5500 consumer model, so I am wondering if this is the equivalant to the AVN50.

I hope this extra information helps!

Thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...I went out and plugged in a set of headphones into the rear audio panel (on the back of the console). When I press the power button the rear speakers go off and I could hear the audio source playing from the front head unit. I could also turn the volume up or down.

I then tried the source button to see if I could change audio sources and nothing happened. Nothing is displayed on the rear display except for the word "On".

So...is this the norm or should I be able to select a different audio source than what's in use on the front unit (as an example...should I be able to select FM and listen to a different FM station than selected on the front unit or should I be able to listen to the CD while the front unit is playing FM).

Also...I found a simlilar Eclipse unit named AVN50D on some Toyota forums and apparently the 50D unit is used by Toyota Dealerships for aftermarket installs that so not to void the warranty. I am assuming that this is the case for GM and my AVN50 is a dealer only model used by GM for aftermarket installs. The Toyota forums stated that the 50D is the same model as the AVN5510 (consumer version). There is also an AVN5500 consumer model, so I am wondering if this is the equivalant to the AVN50.

I hope this extra information helps!

Thanks

if the front is on xm you cant lisen to xm, but you can am or fm. if the front is on fm, you can listen to xm. if it was an OEM dvd player that would also be a source, but im not sure how they hooked up your unit.

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
The aftermarket Eclipse AVN50 is actually a Sirius ready unit. The Sirius logo is on the unit underneath the LCD screen.

I guess that brings up another question. If I want to add Sirius radio, will the GM satellite antenna installed at the factory for XM plug into a sirius tuner or do I need to get a different antenna to use Sirius? I'm not even sure if I need a tuner or just the Antenna, since the radio is Sirius ready. My old car had a Kenwood head unit and a seperate sirius tuner that was located under the seat. The antenna connected into the tuner and the tuner plugged into the back of my Kenwood receiver.

Thanks

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
I called Eclipse today and the tech support guy told me that my unit was an AVN50D and he provided the links to download the product manuals. The link had manuals for Navigation, Audio, and Installation. I took a look at the Installation manual and the unit appears to have something called a VTR output terminal connection. It looks like a video connection, but the manual seems to indicate that it's used to connect an external video source (like a VCR). I also do not see any audio input connections that would allow me to send the audio from the rear DVD player to the Head unit.

Here is the link in case anyone wants to take a look at the install guide to see if I'm misreading things.

www.eclipse-web.com/avn-manual/download/manual/index.html

Also, the install guide shows a "Genuine Steering Remote Control" connection that enables audio controls from the steering wheel. My steering wheel controls work fine. However, I see no reference to any connection or feature to enable the rear audio controls for the Tahoe. I assume the rear audio controls would connect into the head unit through a seperate interface in order to enable seperate source control.

How does the rear audio controls connect into the factory head unit?

If I pull the Eclipse system out and replace it with a factory Nav unit, would I be able to connect my rear entertainment system into the factory unit using standard audio/video inputs and outputs or would I be in the same situation that I'm in right now? I assume I would gain the rear audio controls back, but I'm really more interested in getting my rear entertainment system to work with the front head unit.

I looked at some of the other Rear Entertainment systems on the market and they all appear to function in the same way as my current unit. They either send the audio signal via FM transmitter or you have to run the audio/video signal to the main head unit. So, replacing my entertainment unit really won't buy me anything at this point.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. We've tried that, and the channel in the front changed at the same time. Well, I'll give it a go again!

Wait I just found out they were listening to the FM not XM sorry to have misled you.