2007 LTZ tahoe service suspension DIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGSXR750

Reaction score
i replaced compressor and still had issue. codes came up that right rear shock is no good. investigated and found no power going to shock. left rear fills but right doesnt. can anyone help me investigate this issue or do i have to take it to the dealer. truck has 71k miles

clkelley

Reaction score
Good day,

I would inspect the wiring harness as far as you can to make sure it isn't pinched or been damaged in some way. If that checks out, inspect the wiring harness plugs to make sure there isn't moisture in the plugs. While there, clean the pins and connections in the plug and apply di electric grease before plugging back together.

Check the air line going to the shock as well. The line may be pinched or damaged in some way or it may be clogged somehow. That is if you do not hear air escaping and the compressor running excessively.

Start there and see if you can find anything wrong there.

Hope this helps

JGSXR750

Reaction score
thank you for the helpful information. i will get back to you with an update. Ran into a little snag lastnight as my spare tire secondary lock wouldnt release.. need to fix that problem so i can trace out the wire harness.
:happy160::happy160:

JGSXR750

Reaction score
well after spending time freeing up my spare tire i finally dove into tracing the wires and could not find anything. Air bag hold air and air lines are clear and pumping air. off to the dealer it goes. i'm thinking the actuator is bad and or the control modulor is bad. really wish i had a more indepth trouble shooting diagram to follow.
well dealer said the actuator is bad and since its part of the shock the whole thing needs to be replaced. well now its time to shop around for new rear air shocks. truck has 73k miles and looking for options. checking Arnott industries since thats where i bought the compressor. Anyone have any preferred manufactor they like? was thinking bilsteins but open to other options.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

clkelley

Reaction score
I would stick with the Arnott replacements, I have heard nothing but good things about them for replacing the autoride systems. Bilsteins would be my choice if I were replacing the air ride with non air ride.

bryancobb

Reaction score
My service suspension message has been on the DIC for a month or so. Now I'm ready to address fixing it. It looks like the shock itself, is the weak link in the system.

I have all the FACTORY Service Manuals but need a little help locating the troubleshooting flow-chart. Can someone help get me there. There's about 3000 pages in the 3 books.
Thanks in advance
Bryan Cobb, Georgia, 2007 LTZ