2007 Tahoe - Check Engine Light Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007tahoeatlanta

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post on the board. On Saturday, as I was driving on the interstate, my Check Engine light came on in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. I couldn't think of anything that would cause this at the time. The car was acting fine, and while I'm getting close on the oil change, the Tahoe is equipped with an oil change reminder as well (which has not yet shown up), so I was assuming this was not the case.

Fast forward to this morning, I get into the parking deck at work, and as I'm rounding the corners to climb from level to level, my car starts dragging as if I had a flat tire (though this was not the case) or my parking brake was on (also not the case). So I struggled to actually make the turns all the way up, my rear tires are squealing the whole way and I finally get it into a parking space.

I hop out, take a look around, no flat tire or visible impedance in the axles or anything, so I decide to give it another drive to see what happens. As I pull out of the spot, there is a loud POP underneath the vehicle. It sounded as if something was stuck somewhere and was jarred loose. Anyways, the steering loosens up, everything's back to normal....AND my check engine light goes off.

Has anybody else seen this happen before? Any experts out there have any ideas as to what it could be attributable to? I realize I should probably have the diagnostics run on it, but I'm also trying to avoid unnecessary expenditures these days.

Any intel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
Atlanta, GA

Kalons 07 LT3

Reaction score
Sounds to me like maybe the rear differential locked or was in a bind, or maybe the 4x4 if equipped.

Kalons 07 LT3

Reaction score
something else you might wanna look at is the transmission mount. I had trouble with one of them on another vehicle i owned.