2007 tahoe question??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mussin

Reaction score
I am looking at trading in our 2007 GMC Acadia in for a 2007 Tahoe. Both vehicles are top of the line, the tahoe has about 20,000 more miles though
(92,000) It has a spotless carfax with the only thing done at the delarships are oil changes and brakes. How well are the tahoes built?? Motors (5.3l vortec V8), trannys, 4WD??? I mainly want this to tow my mustang once in a great while to the track as my Acadia only has a 3.6l V6. Are they sound vehicles that last forever as I have been told????

Thanks

Jeremy

btowns

Reaction score
Excellent vehicle! I've got an 07 Z71 with the 5.3L
I haven't had any problems with mine whatsoever, just take care of it. Great SUV, and will tow the stang with no problems.

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeremy.........I learned a long time ago, if you like it, go for it. Automobile's are a gamble, some good, some bad. With a good clean maintenance record, it's just waiting on you. My 99 Tahoe just turned 170K and I would leave for anywhere tomorrow. Good luck and keep us posted.
david g.

Mussin

Reaction score
Wife went and test drove it today, she loved. Loves the way it rides like a real SUV, the Acadia rides more like a car with a tighter suspension. My payments would stay the same on this deal.. Forgot to mention it is a LTZ with almost every option. My Acadia is an SLT2, it has EVERYTHING except nav. The tahoe dosent have nav either but it also dosent have HUD wich i LOVE. Tough decission. If miles were the same I would do it in a heartbeat, but if that were the case I probably couldnt trade. My Acadias sticker new was $36,000 this one was around $50,000.

So is 170,000 miles a walk in the park for these trucks?? Because thats about how many miles will be on it when it is paid off..

Mussin

Reaction score
Is there anything I should look for while checking the vehicle out????

chdaz

Reaction score
check

I highly recommend a tranny visual fluid color/pan and brakes check.

lowvolt

Reaction score
My wife and I were recently in your same position. We wanted to upgrade vehicle, due to to towing and wanted a third row seat. We looked and looked for what seemed like forever. She finally found what she thought to be the one for her. 2007 Tahoe LT3 with almost all the options. Black on black, heated leather, captains chairs through out, sunroof. You get the idea. It also came with 119,000 miles. We drove it, I love it. She loves it but is afraid of the mileage. We did a ton of research on these rigs. From what I have read and been told 200,000 miles on one of these is like 100,000 on others. So we went for it. Traded in a 2004 GMC envoy XUV with 67,000 miles. We have only had the Tahoe a couple weeks, I have to say i am extatic with it. My wife? She likes it. Even loves it, but she is still weary of the mileage.

Begester

Reaction score
I tow a 6500 pound boat behind my 2007 Tahoe. I got the beefed up rear end, which also meant I had to get a 2WD, I know the 4WD's had reduced towing capacity, might want to double check the weight of your 'Stang and trailer.

That being said, I love everything about my 2007 Tahoe.

tights24

Reaction score
So, to piggyback on with this thread, what are the common failures for 2007? I'm in the same boat looking at used ones and most seem to have ~90K on them. Owning a 2005 Titan, I know what it's like to have something early in it's model lifetime. Rear axle seals, brake shudder, leaking manifolds, etc. Does the 07 Tahoe have the same type issues that are easy to spot while it's still on the dealers lot instead of in my driveway? Just curious before I start looking at something. Thanks.

Mussin

Reaction score
Just picked up the Tahoe today.. Drove it all day in the snow, LOVE it. The 4x4 is nice and it rides like a dream!

Mussin

Reaction score
Couple pics.
photobucket-65537-1361129068905_zps94092462.jpg

photobucket-41560-1361129156370_zps39e4e18a.jpg

photobucket-66258-1361129098348_zps2b7229b3.jpg

anglarry05

Reaction score
looks good! My hoe has had very minor issues. Liftgate shocks, corroded battery wire, starter (becuase of the battery wire). Currently trying to figured out my sluggish keyless entry and some rubbing type noise when I hit some bumps

blairian

Reaction score
Most modern cars are built to last quite a long time. As long as they have been maintained properly and regularly they should outlasts 150,000 miles easily. As long as they're asking for a fair price and you are comfortable with what you're getting, then you are definitely good to go!