2008 Tahoe – ?Information Source? – 6 spd Transmission, hybrid, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those pics are of the Hybrid Tahoe, which will look different (as you can see) than the regular Tahoes...the styling on the regular Hoes is supposed to remain unchanged from what I have read...

08Tahoe

Reaction score
BS....

That sux.....not that I will not be strongly considering a new 2008 in December (or get a great deal on a 2007 now), but that sux that the 6 speed won't be on 2007 models. Chevy may have just lost a customer....everyone knows that 4 speed tranny is GARBAGE!!!

BTW, the above link is not working now...

08Tahoe

Reaction score
I agree...

yeah well if the 6 speed comes in 2009 forget it.. im not waiting...:nonod:

I won't wait till May '08 either....and if there is not some type of MAJOR change between '07 and '08, I will be looking to get a GREAT deal on an '07 in November/December of this year or will be looking at other options....the lack of 6 speed tranny may be a deal breaker for me...

Moularia

Reaction score
yeah it does suk about the 6spd, but 4spd aint bad at all either, its been doing a great job for so many years, it does not suck:nono: , unreliable transmissions suck. i doubt i would let it be a deal breaker for a the whole package. I would rather be pissed at buying one with a 4 spd when the 6 comes out rather then being furious with myself :mad2: with buying another vechile when i could of waited. before the 07 tahoe was introduced i was seriously looking into buying an X5 or even a used Cayenne Turbo, but at the price them started off:crazy: , the fully equipped tahoes ended, try getting one of them two with nav, rear seat entartainment, and back up camera, and 320 hp (4wd for under 65k) plus other then the speed and the very well handling (and the badges) what else do i get? i have had my tahoe for many years (99 4dr) and in my many years i have never needed to do a getaway drive from anyone or anything :cool2: and the power the 350 had was adequate enough. yeah, what am i trying to get too, i dont know, even though i just got kicked in the nuts for the 6spd tranny issue :eek: and not showing up for a while, but hey i have gotten kicked there before, during my 26 years of life many times actually, and never did i once decide to hang them on the wall. so the kick will be minor and only for a couple of days!:D

08Tahoe

Reaction score
I had an 2001 Tahoe...

yeah it does suk about the 6spd, but 4spd aint bad at all either, its been doing a great job for so many years, it does not suck:nono: , unreliable transmissions suck. i doubt i would let it be a deal breaker for a the whole package. I would rather be pissed at buying one with a 4 spd when the 6 comes out rather then being furious with myself :mad2: with buying another vechile when i could of waited. before the 07 tahoe was introduced i was seriously looking into buying an X5 or even a used Cayenne Turbo, but at the price them started off:crazy: , the fully equipped tahoes ended, try getting one of them two with nav, rear seat entartainment, and back up camera, and 320 hp (4wd for under 65k) plus other then the speed and the very well handling (and the badges) what else do i get? i have had my tahoe for many years (99 4dr) and in my many years i have never needed to do a getaway drive from anyone or anything :cool2: and the power the 350 had was adequate enough. yeah, what am i trying to get too, i dont know, even though i just got kicked in the nuts for the 6spd tranny issue :eek: and not showing up for a while, but hey i have gotten kicked there before, during my 26 years of life many times actually, and never did i once decide to hang them on the wall. so the kick will be minor and only for a couple of days!:D

And liked it enough and was pretty much set on an '08 with the 6 speed....this is just another example of why American cars are ALWAYS a grade lower than foreign. Chevy is ALWAYS lagging behind when it comes to things that really matter. The 4 speed has ALWAYS been the week link in GM cars...always...if there was a mechanical problem with a GM, it was usually the tranny. This just irritates me...when I sold my '01, I swore I would never get another domestic car and this just reinforces that....not that I am swearing off the possibility of a Tahoe, but the Lexus GX470 and Mercedes GL420 just stepped up, but the price does hurt for those two...hurts a lot!!!

Also, for 2008, are the making the only front seat option a bench like a truck!?!? If so, that sux too.....I can't imagine anyone wanting a front bench seat over two buckets with a center console.

Last edited:

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To come to the point there won't be many changes to the 08 than the hybrid. Why some posters think they will change mayor issues like sheet metal after only one year in the model cycle?

Other points are obvious, too, when thinking a bit. 6 speed after enough capacity is available. Will take about one year more time for known reasons. Fold flat 3rd row would be nice but impossible now. Hybrid will be some 22 hwy and up to 25 city and about 1 MPG more with the 6 speed if any increase at all.

Ridiculous are not being able to remove 2nd row, tilt 2nd and 3rd row and moving 2nd and especially 3rd row. Why not being able to select cargo or passenger room? This is the mayor flaw I noticed until today.

Jim

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: 6speed available as an option on 2008 Suburban.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, if I read the guides correctly it is standard on 3/4, option on 1/2.

Jim

chevyfreak

Reaction score
M30 Transmission, 4-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode
1 - Requires 1/2 ton models.

M70 Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super-duty, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow-haul mode
1 - Requires 1/2 ton models. Included and only available with (L76) Vortec 6.0L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI engine.

MYD NEW! Transmission, 6-speed automatic, heavy-duty, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode
1 - Requires 3/4 ton models.
This is what I am seeing on the ordering guides. Am I missing it somewhere else?

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, in the specs 3/4 is required = standard. But you may scroll down a bit to the additional options where it isn't.

Jim

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing look at Ford!!! 6-speed autos on their Expeditions:mad: whats up with that and they claim 20-21mpg on Hwy?:confused2: I think they are over doing it about the mileage. Dont get me wrong guys the Expeditions look good too

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous are not being able to remove 2nd row, tilt 2nd and 3rd row and moving 2nd and especially 3rd row. Why not being able to select cargo or passenger room? This is the mayor flaw I noticed until today.

Jim

Sort of takes the utility out of Sport Utility Vehicle. :mad:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess what guys:skep: .... The all new Sierra Denali 2008 Truck 403HP & 417TQ w/ 6-Speed Auto, Mileage range 14city-20hwy hmmm.:leaving:

Lincolns Navigators
Ford Explorers / Expeditions
GMC Trucks/Denali and Escalades

All 6-speeds except for the Tahoes/Yukons :(