2008 Tahoe Rear Backup Cam Problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drumznut

Reaction score
Hi. My Tahoe LTZ has all the factory Nav., Camera, etc. I also have had a GMX-322 lock-pick installed on it since shortly after I bought the truck new and everything has worked fine up until a few days ago. Seems like I'm running into one issue after another all of a sudden...

When I shift the truck into "D", the backup camera tries to come on but there is just a black screen with the warning on top. When I get up over a few miles per hour or so, the camera screen goes back to whatever I had it on such as the Nav. screen or the audio screen, and when I'm coming to a stop and get to that certain low speed, the camera black screen comes back on again. The backup camera works as normal when putting the truck into reverse, and the "camera on anytime" function of the lock-pick functions as normal too.

What part of the truck would try to make the camera come on from using the shift lever to begin with, and what part would sense the speed of the truck making the camera come on and off? Is this the function of the backup camera module that is under the passenger front seat or is it something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!