2008 Tahoe suspension packages - LTZ worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question,

Is there a big difference between the LT3 suspension (called Smooth-Ride) and the LTZ suspension (called Autoride) ?

Curious to if the LTZ is worth it or not an what others think of them.

I will have 20s on which ever one I decide on for sure.

Thanks!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
auto ride is self leveling. i got the option on my yukon and would never go with out it EVER again. the air bags make it ride smoother while makeing sure your back end does not hang down like a huptie.

i love it for towing, or if i haul crap to a house. raises the rear end up .

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good info.

I would probably never tow anything but would be hauling stuff to the house and brother's house from time to time.

For day to day driving I am still curious though.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good info.

I would probably never tow anything but would be hauling stuff to the house and brother's house from time to time.

For day to day driving I am still curious though.

for day to day driveing it makes it smoother. i highly reccommend it. i thought it was an option on an LT3 though from GM.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for day to day driveing it makes it smoother. i highly reccommend it. i thought it was an option on an LT3 though from GM.

It is an option but I am looking at a couple of them do not have it though.

Thanks for the reply.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
according to my books, autoride is not an option for any package equipment group, and only available (standard) on LTZ. If you're seeing this as an option on a 3LT, then GM needs to update dealer info.
and yes...I would reccommend it also.