2010 Tahoe LT2 Theft & Hood Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChicagoJ

Reaction score
Hey All,
New to the forum here and a newer Tahoe owner as well, I have 2 questions I'm hoping someone out there can help with.

1. Is anyone aware of the metal used for the hood being a different quality and or gauge than the rest of the body? Reason being is that we had a hail storm early in the year, my new beautiful Tahoe was parked next to an Audi and p.o.s. Ford Fiesta. Neither of those had the slightest bit of damage or noticeable dings but our Tahoe hood had 37 dents! All were parked the same way facing the same direction. We had it fixed and now everytime a large bug or speck of gravel hits the hood we get another ding!
The auto body shop said it was an oem hood and the vin # showed no accidents....any input or similar issues?

2. Anyone aware of the crooks out there having a "scanner" that reads the barcode under the dash VIN # to bypass alarms and unlock the doors?
We (and 4 other vehicles w/keyless entry on my block) have been ransacked 3 times now with no visible signs of entry- i.e. the plastic trim around the windows intact and undisturbed, weather stripping untouched, etc.
Police and local Chevy dealer are unaware of such a scanner but I cannot figure out how we are all getting ransacked without alarms going off.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.