26's ANYONE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WD08

Reaction score
just Got My Ltz Wondering If Anyone Has Any Input On If 26's Is A Good Idea. Wasn't Really Planning On Lowering It, Just Worried About The Steering, Do I Have Cut The Inside Of The Tire Well? Need All Your Folks Opinon Thanks

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is a big arse wheel, but people do it. I HATE hitting potholes in my 20s, I can only imagine 26s....

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only if you really want it to ride like a wagon. You're gonna have to run a very low profile tire on there to avoid rubbing therefore feeling every crack on the road.. I run 24's and 35 series and the ride is acceptable, it's as big as I will go as far as wheel diam is concerned..

lewisgs22

Reaction score
I have 26's on my denali..you will rub when u turn the wheels
The steering is fine. you can not beat the look..I get compliments all the time.
go for it. you wont be dissapointed

Playa70

Reaction score
Depends if you prefer look over comfort or comfort over looks. 24s are going to ride better but you really can't beat the look of 26s hehe

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Form over function? I'll take function any day...

noble

Reaction score
im running 26s on a 2/5 drop. it rubs while making u-turns but thats about it. i did have to do some trimming but id assume if you didn;t lower it that you would have to do very MINOR trimming. also it depends on what size tire you run..

26 OR 24s....

i had a set of 24s and i can barley tell the ride difference between them( the 26s). the ride of the yukon/tahoe is so smooth that you'll only notice over pot holes etc..

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget if the rubbing isn't too bad, you can reshape the fender liners using a heat gun.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 24's are the perfered size.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
26" are huge wheels.

I think youll scrub if you drive over something like, a leaf for example.

seriously though, a dude in the parking lot next to my work has a tahoe on 26s, and it looks completely cool. If you can endure the reduced ride quality, and the hit on your wallet, DO IT!

str8304

Reaction score
I saw 3 Tahoes here in Houston on 288 south following each other. we followed them off the exit to the gas station to get a better look at them. They said the had just left a car show at Reliant Arena. one was kandy blue with 30s on it but it was lifted like 3-5 inches, looked real real nice, one was kandy red with 28s running a 275/25/28 inch tire (no mods what so ever to get it to fit), and the last one had 26s on it but instead of the 305/30/26 tire, it had some 275/25/26 tires and it was bagged plus layin frame!

WD08

Reaction score
Thanks for all your guys input looks like I got some thinking to do...........