305/45/22 tires on 22" ltz wheels fitment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk450er

Reaction score
I've been looking at the replica ltz chrome 20" wheels for my Tahoe and came across 22" wheels wrapped in 305/45/22 tires. I was wondering if anyone with this size of tire has any problem with rubbing at full lock etc. also if anyone has any pics of these wheels on their Tahoe/suburban would be awesome. The specs on the wheels are 9" wide and an offset of 31. So I guess if anyone has pics of 22"s on their ride with the same offset just wondering if they stick out past the fender at all or anything. Thanks for the help

blk450er

Reaction score
Ok nevermind. I seen 22"s and they just don't have enough rubber on the sidewalls.. So what's the widest tire I could put on the stock 20 ltz wheels? Will the 305/55/20 rub?

blk450er

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Would it rub on hard parts like frame/suspension or just on trimable parts like inner fender/splash guards?

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, A common 20" tire size that seems to be coming on many new production SUVs and Trucks today is 275/55-20. One that comes to mind as an example, is the Toyota Sequoia.

On any of these vehicles that are coming factory stock with these tires, I've never noticed any evidence of rubbing with them.
Mark

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for 305/45-22 fitting and not rubbing, tough to say?

Will probably depend on how your truck sits, the offset of the wheel, which I imagine there's not a hell of a lot of leeway as far as offset goes on these vehicles without problems rearing their head. One is probably only able to play with a few millimeters one way or another.

In a thread I started down in the older Tahoe section of this forum, I myself am currently looking at a set on another person's 2005 Yukon Denali, the wheels are 22x9.5, I gather have a +30mm offset, and Nitto NT420S 305/40-22 Tires are on board.

And I did notice some slight rub on the outer plastic fender trim on their vehicle, not bad, but there none the less.

This has me concerned, even though my '97 Tahoe I believe sits higher than their Denali, height I realize will not be just the only consideration, and thing to worry about that can cause rubbing-contact.

I'm worried about the much wider tire, and of course the offset of the wheel. For sure I don't want the inside of the tire hitting suspension components, or inside of the inner fenderwell, nor do I wish for the outside of the tire to come in contact with the Fender Lip.

Without any lift on my truck, even if under normal conditions I do not get rub, I'm still worried and concerned about entering parking lots, or a possible off road scenario where the suspension goes through full travel.

Without trying such on the front of my truck (doubt the back would ever be a problem), I just honestly don't know at such point with my own vehicle. I surely wouldn't wish to screw my mint truck up just for a "a look".

With a 305/45-22, I suspect these tires will even be a bit taller yet by a few tenths/inch than a 305/40-22.
Not sure if this helps you any?
Mark

Last edited:

blk450er

Reaction score
Yeah I seen some pics of the 22" replica ltz wheels on a Tahoe and my wife doesn't want the 22"s. Soo I'm going with chrome 20" ltz wheels on the Tahoe. Prob just going with the stock tire size for now..