4wd service light came on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can explain from a technical standpoint what conditions must be met for the service 4wd light to come on.

I dont have the vehicle in 4wd.. both 2wd and 4wd indicator lights do not work, but its in 2wd.

I was on a 120 mile trip to the trailer and the light came on. I didnt notice any performance change.. it was freeway miles in 2wd. The next day the light was off and I didnt see it again until another long-ish trip a few weeks later.. but again, it went off the following day.

Just wondering what sensors or voltage conditions are needed for that dash light to activate, indicating service.

Thanks,
Pete

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
east, his returns to normal the next day and does not require "resetting", plus I suspect Pete has an older body style than your 03. The 4wd system is different. I would suspect you have something that isn't quite fully engaged or something along that line.