97 Tahoe Heated Seat Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael_57

Reaction score
So I have tried a bunch of browsing on this form before I just joined and did not find anything about this so here it goes...

I recently purchased a 97 Tahoe 4X4 in decent condition and I am doing all the minor cosmetic repairs. Well the original leather seat that came with it was torn apart to all hell. Yesterday I picked up a beautiful leather seat out of the scrap yard for a mere $45. This came out of a 99 Tahoe. Well the question is this....

The new seat is a heated seat (with the heater controls on the side of the seat with all the other controls). The original is not heated. I see on the wire harness for the new seat that there is 4 wires for the connector, and the vehicle side of the harness has 3 wires and one open spot with no wire. (I am highly assuming that the open spot would be for the wire to power the heated seat???) Am I correct on this assumption and could I just run a fused 12V wire to the open spot and have a heated seat??? or would there be more to it??

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it would work, it was probably on a 30A circuit breaker.....