97' tahoe with the weird front seats...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brewcitymike

Reaction score
I have a 97' Lt model with the leather front seats that look like a bench seat but are actually two seats, with the driver's side being a bit larger and odd shaped. And because of this I have no center console, just a fold down thing "between" the seats. My question is if I can remove them and install the regular type of bucket or captain's seats..whatever they're called. Since they are separate seats, do they have the same mounting set up as the regular style seats?, or will it require custom brackets or something? I don't have a huge problem with the seats, but I do want to make a nice center floor console, but there isn't enough room unless i can go between the seats. So if anyone has had experience with swapping this style seat for the regular ones or even for custom seats I'd like know what kind of work it entailed.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can swap to some other squarebody seats, should have same mounting bosses unless you go to a newer body style.

keek007

Reaction score
i would suggest finding a way to make the power seats that were factory in either the 99 or 2001 tahoes, saying that cause i have owned both and let me say they are nice when in good shape