99 Hoe. water pass floor mat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 Hoe, under heavy rainfal there is about 2 table spoons or less of water accumlating on the passenger front floor mat.
I did some reading and have inspected the following
I removed the cowl, inspected for build up of leaves and debris and even vacuumed it out. Resealed properly.
I traced under the dash and its dripping from a cable covered in foam. If you pull the glovebox it comes from there.
The windshield is original, no accident,never been painted.
Door rubbers mint and I have used the GM silicone stuff on it to swell the rubbers. Its not coming from the door. It drips from under dash. Its not alot. But I am anal and want to fix it right. I can not see exactly where its coming from and at present i have a broken rib on the mend so I am having a tough time laying under the dash.
I checked all the simple stuff. Its from Florida so its 100% rust free. The rubber floor at is catching all of it so its not rotting the floor.
I can not find the drain hose for the ac. When I worked at the dealer, we would pull the house and usually it would be gummed up.
If anyone has photos of where it is I would love to try that next.
I prefer real photos vs schematic photos.
Many kind thank you

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well does it leak after you wash it and or a rainy day or after running the AC I only ask because if its outside water intrusion that can also be your wind noise .. the AC drain tube should be under the receiver dryer if you have access to cimpressed air you can get a long air nozzle and blow it from the drain tube into the passenger compartment if its plugged that will clear it

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its Canada....Havnt used the ac in a while...atleast a month...lol
But the compressor engages on def as it should.
Ill try to have a look under the receiver dryer. Its heavily oiled and I have a bad broken rib. Ill look best I can for now.
Wind noise is coming from roof.
I do have a compressor so if I can find the hose without hurting myself Ill blow it out.
thank you for reading and helping. Much appreciated

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a sunroof (aka built in water leak) installed?

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.. will take care of that other thing we talked about later today I'm also at a Dr visit myself at the moment and have that info on my laptop im doing this from my phone right now

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was serious about the sunroof, they can be nothing but trouble....

miuwu208

Reaction score
Squirt some water where the AC lines go through the fire wall I had to reseal mine their I used a clear silicone and then undercoating spray. I had a bad leak.

miuwu208

Reaction score
Water Pass Side

99 Hoe, under heavy rainfal there is about 2 table spoons or less of water accumlating on the passenger front floor mat.
I did some reading and have inspected the following
I removed the cowl, inspected for build up of leaves and debris and even vacuumed it out. Resealed properly.
I traced under the dash and its dripping from a cable covered in foam. If you pull the glovebox it comes from there.
The windshield is original, no accident,never been painted.
Door rubbers mint and I have used the GM silicone stuff on it to swell the rubbers. Its not coming from the door. It drips from under dash. Its not alot. But I am anal and want to fix it right. I can not see exactly where its coming from and at present i have a broken rib on the mend so I am having a tough time laying under the dash.
I checked all the simple stuff. Its from Florida so its 100% rust free. The rubber floor at is catching all of it so its not rotting the floor.
I can not find the drain hose for the ac. When I worked at the dealer, we would pull the house and usually it would be gummed up.
If anyone has photos of where it is I would love to try that next.
I prefer real photos vs schematic photos.
Many kind thank you

Spray water where your *AC* lines go in the firewall I had water leaking in from their. I used clear silicone and undercoating spray to seal it up. Now its good