99 Hoe-wind whistle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1999 Hoe, has roof rack. Has nasty wind whistle. Since I no longer work for GM I have no access to bulletin. I am leaning on that its the roof rack. Driving on a non windy calm day you would think that there is a wind storm. Its noisy. Doors seal tight, rubbers are mint and lubed.
I tried sliding the rood rack around but made no difference.
Almost tempted to remove it and test drive without but will need to know exact replacement screws being shorter.
Thoughts?comments? And yes I turn the radio louder. Because of my health somedays I need peace and quiet.
Any help appreciated. Getting almost winter here. If something easy ill fix now or wait to spring.
Much appreciation, thank you

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the cross members off, no bolts...

Also pull the antenna mast off and test drive again.

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried....friggin somoenes been uptop before because 4 of the bolts were stripped. Ill have to easy off it in spring.....I did slide rear cross bar over to the back.....perhaps that will suffice.
I did this before the snow came

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either I am going deaf or the noise is gone??perhaps sliding bar to rear helped...or its not windy...shoot I dont know....damn it sucks being sick somedays...